I'm able to copy/paste text from emails, etc. with my phone. However, I can't figure out how to copy/paste phone numbers and email addresses from my contacts.

The problem comes up when I'm texting someone and want to get them a phone number or email that I have stored in my contacts. Right now, I basically have to open up contacts, write down the number or memorize it, then type it into the text message. There must be a way to copy/paste those numbers though...right? Or a way to link the contact info into the text message?
    05-15-2011 10:47 AM
    Long press in the contact and select "edit". Long press on what you want to copy and select "select all". Long press on the highlighted text and select "copy". Long press on the text message and select "paste".
    05-15-2011 10:53 AM
    Thanks much! I should have posted here sooner instead of wasting so much time trying to figure it out myself
    05-15-2011 12:05 PM
    For all new Android users, when you tap an item you usually select the item or the action, when you long press instead of tapping, you can bring up a context sensitive menu in most cases with additional options for you to choose from.

So when in doubt, long press, you won't hurt anything. If you bring up a menu that does not have what you need, press the back arrow to get out and press the menu key to see f there are additional options on the program/screen where you happen to be.
    05-15-2011 02:20 PM
    This app will do the copy and paste for you, so that you can easily start a call.

10-14-2013 05:46 PM