Has anyone else been missing calls due to weak to weak vibrate?

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So many of the other problems have been well documented, but I find that I am missing calls for lack of strong vibrate. Coming from the Epic, that phone had a very strong vibrate and also a way to adjust vibration intensity. I know this doesn't exist in stock Gingerbread, but has anyone found a workaround app to improve this?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont think there is a work around, even if you rooted the phone your not going to get better vibrations.Period. But I would recommend to install NoLed and start reminder for missed calls.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't use vibrate too often, find it to be too weak on ALL the Android phones I have - including the Epic - to be of any real use :: I carry my phone on a belt pouch so this decreases the vibration transmision. My real beef with the Nexus is how quiet the ringtone max volume is, I have misses several calls/messages on moderately noisy environment where my Evo usually comes thru.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree...I do like the more "hush" vibration from the NS4G. Its loud enough for me to feel it on my belt holster.

dparisoe

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm finding just the opposite. I have mine set for vibe ring and when on a solid surface the vibe is louder then the ring.

mooxie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're having trouble noticing vibrations while you're walking, the app Stopify might help you. Me and a friend wrote this app since we both have the same problem. If you miss a call or sms or a gmail while you are walking, Stopify will wait until you stop and repeat the notification.

It works because you are much more sensitive to vibrations when you're still than when you're walking. Also, since it doesn't repeat notifications if the phone is still, it won't annoy you if it's just lying on a table. Read more about Stopify here if you are interested: Stopify

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting fact. Second time this has happened to me. Not sure what cause it.

Vibration gets so weak while using the phone. Touch a button and can barely feel it. Gotta restart and its fixed.

Again not sure what causes it. Its odd though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12