How do you like The curved screen

aruth09

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently holding out for the evo 3d, but I'm still looking at the NS4G. I was wondering how you guys like the curved screen? Do you notice it? Do you wish it was flat?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the curved screen makes any functional difference, since it's only the slightest curve towards the very top and bottom of the glass. I feel they should have went with Gorilla Glass instead of the curve. But that's not to say that a buying decision should be based on just the glass design. Great phone, though.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I like the curve. It makes it feel like it wraps closer to my mouth when I talk. Also, it is a nice safety against scratches. If I drop my phone (and god knows I do no matter how hard I try not to), It will wont crack or scratch the entire screen up.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I like the curve. It makes it feel like it wraps closer to my mouth when I talk. Also, it is a nice safety against scratches. If I drop my phone (and god knows I do no matter how hard I try not to), It will wont crack or scratch the entire screen up.

Good for talking. Especially when calling.

Its not noticed until you look for the side. The space bar on the keyboard you will notice at first. then you don't even notice the screen.

When you use a flat screen you can definitely tell the difference. You'll miss it real quick.

(Things I hope never change on Nexus to come. Unless for the better. Curved screen. Amoled)

doliver

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

+1 for scratch protection. The convex Pre was practically asking for scratches at every opportunity and I obliged. This phone should stay pretty clean.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I like the curve of the screen, makes it a much more comfortable phone to talk on. And provides the phone with a great form factor - most other phones out there are just square boxes.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you set the screen face down, the middle is only lifted up by maybe 1/16th of an inch. I'm not trying to hate on the phone (far from it, since I LOVE the phone) but I really feel the screen curve is so insignificant that it personally makes zero functional difference at all. The majority of the replies in this thread disagree with me, though.

Like I said in my post above, I would have preferred Gorilla Glass, although I have no worries with the regular glass that's on there.

[please don't hit me!! O:) ]

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i like it because i fell like it makes scrolling easier since if you move your thumb in an upward motion, it doesn't move along a flat plane, but raises at a curve..

Reactions: drewsonian