Nexus Apps, Sounds and Widgets from Epic

DMRube

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I migrated from the Epic to the Nexus S. I prefer the Nexus for it's size, battery life is better, and it clearly seems snappier, but actually see where there are a few Samsung/Sprint add-ons that I liked from the Epic. A couple I can think of are little apps, like the built-in Memo-Pad app (I prefer to the third-party apps I have tried. A notification sound I really like, "cloud", sounds silly but like it the best, and a couple widgets, "buddies", and the Yahoo search bar.

To clarify, I already utilize quite a few third-party apps and am very familair, I am asking about this little cloud notification sound, app, and widgets from Epic only.

I consider myself very technical but couldn't find how to access and move these from the Epic to the Nexus. Can anyone suggest how/where to find these and bring them to the Nexus.

Thanks in advance-

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i believe all the feature your referring to are part of TouchWiz. Remember you went with a complete Google Experience. perhaps your better off with touchwiz

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Since those are systems files on the Epic, you won't have access to those unless you are rooted. Finding and moving the sound files form the Epic (once rooted) to the Nexus should not be a problem. The programs you are talking about are likely part of Epic's Touchwiz interface which is not available on the Nexus, so even if you find the files and copy them to the Nexus, they may not operate properly.

DMRube

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Didn't really answer my question. Prefer Nexus substantially just like I said, I just like a couple of the "components" that may be integral to touchwiz, but thanks anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463