Tethering [Confirmed]

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
and just because it says something in the contract doesn't mean u have to follow it. its a one sided contract. I didn't get any ability to modify it or adjust it to my liking. if they charge me or do something, I will leave in a new york minute and go to another carrier.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
and just because it says something in the contract doesn't mean u have to follow it. its a one sided contract. I didn't get any ability to modify it or adjust it to my liking. if they charge me or do something, I will leave in a new york minute and go to another carrier.

It's not a one-sided contract if you agreed to sign it. And if you sign it, that pretty clearly implies that you intend to follow it.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I agreed to sign it because that's the only way to get sprint :) and lets please not start conversations about contract law and how you should do this and that and blah blah blah. Its very simply if sprint pisses me off, I leave that's it. So far sprint hasn't done anything, i don't abuse tethering by going through 10's of gigs a a month. Actually since I'm mostly in wifi area, my data usage is very low and sprint is making a killing on me.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I have to say this most be one of the most idiotic argument in this entire discussion!!!

Once you are presented with a contract (any contract), you have the option of either accepting or declining it. Once you sign, you in fact agree to ALL the terms included, not just the ones you like.

If you want to modify any part of an executed contract, you may be allowed to do so only by mutual agreement between the parties, not on your own accord.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...Its very simply if sprint pisses me off, I leave that's it...

Likewise, if you violate the contract with Sprint (and get caught), they may penalize you. And guess what, regardless of you, me or the rest of world thinking is not fair because I signed for an "unlimited data plan" and tethering should be included, they are justified in doing so.

god_trentonj

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Likewise, if you violate the contract with Sprint (and get caught), they may penalize you. And guess what, regardless of you, me or the rest of world thinking is not fair because I signed for an "unlimited data plan" and tethering should be included, they are justified in doing so.

... I could care less about the whole contract argument... either way...

I think Sprint would have a hard time sticking it to you (if you use tether) considering that there is no warnings on the phone when you turn it on. I think one could successfully plead ignorance on the issue and state who you thought it was an included feature of the phone and get away without being charged.

dunivan

Feb 11, 2011
www.bryantdunivan.com
why are we discussing contract law?

If sprint tries to sneak a update in to break tethering, wouldnt it break the verification of the OS, and would be revoked by the phone?

If they want to charge me for it, i'll root, until then, thanks google.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have to say this most be one of the most idiotic argument in this entire discussion!!!

Once you are presented with a contract (any contract), you have the option of either accepting or declining it. Once you sign, you in fact agree to ALL the terms included, not just the ones you like.

If you want to modify any part of an executed contract, you may be allowed to do so only by mutual agreement between the parties, not on your own accord.

If these contracts are all agreeable and iron clad then why are we having all these class action lawsuits where phone companies without admitting guilt or innocence agree and settle. Oh and btw lawsuits are strictly prohibit in those contracts. All of them state that you can only go to arbitration and u can't sue them. It reminds me of EULAs that software companies tried to have u agreed to prior to opening the software boxes.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Fine and I'll pay and leave or figure out a way of getting out of it. Trust me they are far from perfect. Pretty simple.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Just let it go will u. there are ways to get out of it without contract law. I used it before and they are pretty lenient and forgiving.

fdisnyc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. Does tethering on Nexus S 4G require a USB cable, or does it work via Bluetooth?

I have BB Playbook and BB Tour which I hate. I'm interesting in switching to Android but I enjoy BB bridge connection for my Playbook without using any cables.

Will I be able to use tethering on Nexus S 4G (not premium hotspot) without USB cable?

Thanks