What if I lose my nexus s

krisnicaj

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Im coming from webOS, so If I lose my nexus s 4g and get a new one do I have to re-download all my apps? Or does my Google account save all my info and reinstall everything for me?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread supports a backup settings/apps option. If you get a new phone running gingerbread (or say a replacement nexus) yes you can restore all your apps and settings if you enabled the option to back them up. It is under privacy settings.

cretz42#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread supports a backup settings/apps option. If you get a new phone running gingerbread (or say a replacement nexus) yes you can restore all your apps and settings if you enabled the option to back them up. It is under privacy settings.

This is awesome, I had no idea it was possible. Another reason why I'm happy I left BlackBerry for Android.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site

This is mostly true. Your phone settings should be saved and your apps should be downloaded automatically. But from experience, your third party app data will not be restored. For instance, if you have saved data for Angry Birds and get a new phone, the app will download but all your progress will be lost.

krisnicaj

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This is mostly true. Your phone settings should be saved and your apps should be downloaded automatically. But from experience, your third party app data will not be restored. For instance, if you have saved data for Angry Birds and get a new phone, the app will download but all your progress will be lost.
That's fine, I would just hate to remember what apps I need to download again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are third party apps in the market which allow app data to be backed up for rooted devices.

Since you are not intersted in data, the Settings already mentioned will do. Welcome to Android :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781