06-05-2011 09:20 PM
46 12
tools
    With the next one already in development, is there any point in getting the Nexus S?
    06-01-2011 02:12 AM
    From what I here it wont be a sprint phone, I'm still gonna get it when I can

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    06-01-2011 02:15 AM
    Nexus S 4G just came out. Of course you should buy it now. They may be making the next one, but it may not come to Sprint for a while. This phone is awesome.
    06-01-2011 06:09 AM
    Yes. Buy it mow. It is a great phone. And who kniws when the next one will be out. And there is no proof that it will NOT be Sprint getting the next one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    06-01-2011 06:24 AM
    I love my nexus and not just because I'm and employee I'd recommend it, this is my favorite phone to date. as a tech junkie this phone has so much to offer you won't be disappointed.
    06-01-2011 07:03 AM
    Thee phone is awesome. The signal issues are definitely something to think about. I wouldn't wait just for another device that's 6 months away. Theres always another 6 months away.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    06-01-2011 08:23 AM
    on the home page the other day when they discussed the next nexus it said they were testing with sprints freq and radios
    06-01-2011 08:54 AM
    Don't get it. Just keep waiting for next phone. There will be nexus 3, 4, 5 and evo3d, 4d, 5d ....
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    06-01-2011 09:23 AM
    I finally hopped on the bandwagon and upgraded to a NS4G from a lauch Pre'. Love it so far! Maybe I got lucky and got a good unit, but my signal has been solid so far. Time will tell I suppose, but in every place I had trouble with my Pre' I still have trouble with the NS4G, which is to be expected.

In a nutshell.... Buy it, Love it.
    06-01-2011 09:25 AM
    There is a point to get one if one wants a nexus and not have to wait. So far it has been a very capable phone for me.
    06-01-2011 09:56 AM
    I would deff go for it, 3 reasons;

1: Its an awesome Android experience phone like no other, yes the Nexus one has 2.3, but lakes the beautiful screen and the front facing camera, along with the Hummingbird processor, its just as smooth as butter.

2: Price, right now you can get it for as low as $49 a a new contract.

3: Updates.... the Nexus doesnt even have cut in line to be the first, heck it has its spot reserved for future updates...it can come late to the party and STILL have a first spot in line LOL- FYI to all those getting the next Evo 3D, Evo 4D, Droid X, Doid XX, Heck even the Galaxy Universe wont be able to do what a Nexus can do.

Now as far as it is worth now with the timing? That depends, yes the Next Nexus rumors will start coming late 3Q, but why does that matter? Lets suppose that the next Nexus will be dual core ( over hyped) or that the screen will be 4.5 ( too big for me).. What do you really want in a phone? Me personally great battery life, not too heavy, great speed....and overall just all blacked out sexiness.

Besides there will never be a "top" Nexus because there's always one around the corner, and we all know that this is just technology, period. I left the Evo for the Nexus due to the pure Android experience, heck I even rooted my Evo to have Gingerbread running on it! BUT I can confirm that its not the same expericnce, the Nexus IS what rooting is trying to be.IMO
    06-01-2011 10:06 AM
    If you like the Nexus S 4G, then of course it makes perfect sense to get one today.

If you want the latest and greatest then hold on to what you have right now, and skip the Nexus (and the Evo 3D, and the Galaxy II and the <<fill name here>>) since almost every company starts working on the next gen before they even release their most current product.
    06-01-2011 10:28 AM
    Hehe...reminds me of this commercial:
    06-01-2011 10:48 AM
    Hehe...reminds me of this commercial:
    LOL!
    06-01-2011 10:52 AM
    If you like the Nexus S 4G, then of course it makes perfect sense to get one today.

If you want the latest and greatest then hold on to what you have right now, and skip the Nexus (and the Evo 3D, and the Galaxy II and the <<fill name here>>) since almost every company starts working on the next gen before they even release their most current product.
    Well put.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-01-2011 10:54 AM
    the $49 amazon deal is gone now, just looked for it.

i hope google is feeding all the carriers, and the next nexus will be att.
    06-01-2011 11:24 AM

i thought the Nexus One came unlocked and could technically be activated on AT&T.
    06-01-2011 11:30 AM
    no 3g band. but there are att versions for sale.
    06-01-2011 11:37 AM

There is a 3G version of both Nexuses available for AT&T.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-01-2011 02:11 PM
    There are phones in development before the nexus S even shipped, they dont wait until they ship nexus S to work on the next gen.

There will be something new every year, would you always wait for something new? Buy it, sell it, enjoy the newer one, thats what I do all the time. If it was like a month I would say wait, but 6 months is a long time.
    06-01-2011 02:38 PM
    Cool, think I am going to try and get the Nexus S. I don't too much care about specs as long as my phone can do what it needs to do without lag or intererence. I played with it for like 1.5 minutes at the Sprint store, but I fell in love with it.
    06-01-2011 05:55 PM
    There are phones in development before the nexus S even shipped, they dont wait until they ship nexus S to work on the next gen.

There will be something new every year, would you always wait for something new? Buy it, sell it, enjoy the newer one, thats what I do all the time. If it was like a month I would say wait, but 6 months is a long time.
    Agreed! 6 months is a LOONG time in the Tech world. and I do the same thing, sold my Evo for $350, bought the Nexus S for $400 ( Craigslist) now when the next Nexus for Sprint will be announced come November- January I will be eligible for my upgrade, and if not then I will sell it and the do the same.
    06-01-2011 05:56 PM
    I would say go for it. As of right now, there are very, very few devices that have a decisive edge against the NS4G. Everyone I show my phone to gets jealous of this piece of tech. I also went for the buy back program from Best Buy, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice...
    06-02-2011 11:51 AM
    If you like it get it. No point in waiting because if you wait, you will be asking the same question 6 months from now and the cycle will continue. This phone should hold me over for a while, and most likely a lot of people. It is a great phone, and loving it compared to the brick (EVO).
    06-02-2011 12:03 PM
    I love my nexus and will be keeping it until the next one is released. I was all about the first evo but the new one just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the looks of it and also all this nonsense about the bootloader. We still have no idea if it will be unlocked or not even after the announcement. Ill take my sexynexy anyday.
    06-03-2011 12:49 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD