Is there any point in getting the NS4G now?

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
From what I here it wont be a sprint phone, I'm still gonna get it when I can

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Nexus S 4G just came out. Of course you should buy it now. They may be making the next one, but it may not come to Sprint for a while. This phone is awesome.

Richard1864

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Buy it mow. It is a great phone. And who kniws when the next one will be out. And there is no proof that it will NOT be Sprint getting the next one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I love my nexus and not just because I'm and employee I'd recommend it, this is my favorite phone to date. as a tech junkie this phone has so much to offer you won't be disappointed.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thee phone is awesome. The signal issues are definitely something to think about. I wouldn't wait just for another device that's 6 months away. Theres always another 6 months away.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Traxion

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I finally hopped on the bandwagon and upgraded to a NS4G from a lauch Pre'. Love it so far! Maybe I got lucky and got a good unit, but my signal has been solid so far. Time will tell I suppose, but in every place I had trouble with my Pre' I still have trouble with the NS4G, which is to be expected.

In a nutshell.... Buy it, Love it.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
There is a point to get one if one wants a nexus and not have to wait. So far it has been a very capable phone for me.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I would deff go for it, 3 reasons;

1: Its an awesome Android experience phone like no other, yes the Nexus one has 2.3, but lakes the beautiful screen and the front facing camera, along with the Hummingbird processor, its just as smooth as butter.

2: Price, right now you can get it for as low as $49 a a new contract.

3: Updates.... the Nexus doesnt even have cut in line to be the first, heck it has its spot reserved for future updates...it can come late to the party and STILL have a first spot in line LOL- FYI to all those getting the next Evo 3D, Evo 4D, Droid X, Doid XX, Heck even the Galaxy Universe wont be able to do what a Nexus can do.

Now as far as it is worth now with the timing? That depends, yes the Next Nexus rumors will start coming late 3Q, but why does that matter? Lets suppose that the next Nexus will be dual core ( over hyped) or that the screen will be 4.5 ( too big for me).. What do you really want in a phone? Me personally great battery life, not too heavy, great speed....and overall just all blacked out sexiness.

Besides there will never be a "top" Nexus because there's always one around the corner, and we all know that this is just technology, period. I left the Evo for the Nexus due to the pure Android experience, heck I even rooted my Evo to have Gingerbread running on it! BUT I can confirm that its not the same expericnce, the Nexus IS what rooting is trying to be.IMO

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you like the Nexus S 4G, then of course it makes perfect sense to get one today.

If you want the latest and greatest then hold on to what you have right now, and skip the Nexus (and the Evo 3D, and the Galaxy II and the <<fill name here>>) since almost every company starts working on the next gen before they even release their most current product.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you like the Nexus S 4G, then of course it makes perfect sense to get one today.

If you want the latest and greatest then hold on to what you have right now, and skip the Nexus (and the Evo 3D, and the Galaxy II and the <<fill name here>>) since almost every company starts working on the next gen before they even release their most current product.

Well put.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
the $49 amazon deal is gone now, just looked for it.

i hope google is feeding all the carriers, and the next nexus will be att.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There are phones in development before the nexus S even shipped, they dont wait until they ship nexus S to work on the next gen.

There will be something new every year, would you always wait for something new? Buy it, sell it, enjoy the newer one, thats what I do all the time. If it was like a month I would say wait, but 6 months is a long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary