EVO 3D June 28th !! returning your NS4G?

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My nexus gets 15-20mb down on wifi on my 20mb cable connection and maxes out my school internet conenction. Connects every time. 4g speeds range from 3-5 at home to 8 on the freeway, does it drop 4g sometimes? yes here and there, but problems are nowhere near what I have heard on the forums, I have not had one problem with wifi and experienced the slow connection rate. I am starting to think it might be problem with certain phones, yes signal strenght could be a little better but no problems here.

Dont go by speedtest app, it has slower rates then the web browser based tests such as speakeasy.net, I have found that to be the most reliable speedtest.

Last edited:

p4ulm86

May 22, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the feedback guys.. i also like the nexus. however the signal issues are frustrating.. in a good 3G signal area i bounce back from 3G and 1X.. :(

I can root my Nexus and do whatever mods i want.However,i shouldn't have to do all that to get a working phone (with a good radio).. 200 bucks is a good amount of money... sufficient for them to release a good product. I know cell phones are not perfect but hey they can def do better.

Reactions: kerred

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok man lets here it! I will root the hell out of this thing if it fixes the signal issues!! Can you please give me an idea as to what and how? I have never rooted an android phone so its all new to me. thanks!

There is a one click root method under the hacking and development section. It should have all the instructions there. Message me if you have issues and I'll try my best to walk you through it. And fyi it watermarks your boot screen so it might cause issues exchanging it if it breaks as I don't know if its permanent or not.

From Nexus with love

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I never had 3g/4g issues so I can't really comment on that but my wifi would drop even if I was in the same room as my router. Now with the latest cm7 nightly I don't have that problem at all.

From Nexus with love

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
That one click root works perfect. I am in love with the phone. My reception has been ok, sometimes in areas where my Palm Pre got full bars this struggles a bit but I am hoping that an update alleviates this. I remember the Evo having the same types of problems until they updated. Im not worried too much.

The 99.99 out the door for my upgrade through Amazon made this a deal I could not pass up. #TeamNexusS4g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz