Has anyone exchanged their Nexus S4g for a new one with hopes of a better Radio..and?

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you turn in your Nexus S 4g for another new one....and did it improve the reception?
I am trying to decide if I should try another phone...or just call it quits.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I got another ns4g and it seems that I've gotten a better radio. Although the issue isn't completely gone, I haven't dropped a call yet and seem to have greater consistency in my signal performance.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ronnienyc

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
My first Nexus had 50% Time Without Signal, and the new one has 0% - much improved. But who knows if it's hardware or software related...

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Are there any different build versions? And what kind speeds are you getting with data?

I live in a 4g area, and when I am outside (not in the house) and in a strong 4g area, I will run speedtest and get 3mb download speed max. Is that all this phone/network can produce?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I did return my Nexus for the EVO for about a week, but had to get the Nexus back because I missed the awesome screen and I wanted vanilla Android back. But I did notice when I had the EVO that the signal was a lot better. I got full bars in my house where is with my Nexus I get half the bars. But I haven't dropped any calls and haven't seen any issues with data speeds.

jayke70

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine for a different nexus we'll see... I almost switched to evo I don't care about 3d I cant wait that long anyways 30 days is up and I spent a long time playing w/ evo today and in the end I decided if any one will address buggy issues it will be google. With Evo being a year old and 3d on its way how long is it going to be supported? not worth a 2yr commitment

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged mine for a different nexus we'll see... I almost switched to evo I don't care about 3d I cant wait that long anyways 30 days is up and I spent a long time playing w/ evo today and in the end I decided if any one will address buggy issues it will be google. With Evo being a year old and 3d on its way how long is it going to be supported? not worth a 2yr commitment

I totally agree....anyone getting an Evo at this point is going to have buyer's regret in less than a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae