Did you turn in your Nexus S 4g for another new one....and did it improve the reception?
    I am trying to decide if I should try another phone...or just call it quits.
    06-03-2011 05:21 PM
    I got another ns4g and it seems that I've gotten a better radio. Although the issue isn't completely gone, I haven't dropped a call yet and seem to have greater consistency in my signal performance.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    06-03-2011 06:25 PM
    My first Nexus had 50% Time Without Signal, and the new one has 0% - much improved. But who knows if it's hardware or software related...
    06-04-2011 02:47 AM
    Are there any different build versions? And what kind speeds are you getting with data?

I live in a 4g area, and when I am outside (not in the house) and in a strong 4g area, I will run speedtest and get 3mb download speed max. Is that all this phone/network can produce?
    06-04-2011 06:48 AM
    I did return my Nexus for the EVO for about a week, but had to get the Nexus back because I missed the awesome screen and I wanted vanilla Android back. But I did notice when I had the EVO that the signal was a lot better. I got full bars in my house where is with my Nexus I get half the bars. But I haven't dropped any calls and haven't seen any issues with data speeds.
    06-04-2011 07:07 AM
    im leaving shortly to exchange my nexus for a new evo. i hate to do it but i cannot stand the slow speeds anymore.
    06-04-2011 11:41 AM
    I exchanged mine for a different nexus we'll see... I almost switched to evo I don't care about 3d I cant wait that long anyways 30 days is up and I spent a long time playing w/ evo today and in the end I decided if any one will address buggy issues it will be google. With Evo being a year old and 3d on its way how long is it going to be supported? not worth a 2yr commitment
    06-04-2011 11:53 PM
    I exchanged mine for a different nexus we'll see... I almost switched to evo I don't care about 3d I cant wait that long anyways 30 days is up and I spent a long time playing w/ evo today and in the end I decided if any one will address buggy issues it will be google. With Evo being a year old and 3d on its way how long is it going to be supported? not worth a 2yr commitment
    I totally agree....anyone getting an Evo at this point is going to have buyer's regret in less than a month.
    06-05-2011 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD