switched from EVO to Nexus. few features i miss...need help

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got a nexus and came from an evo. i love this. the size and form factor are much better. the screen and battery are killer. i do miss a few features, and need some help.

im an exchange user...so contacts and management are great. but one think i really miss about sense is the dial pad...i can type a name and it will load the contact on the dial pad. i fixed this in text using handcent. but need a fix for the dialer. i like the layout of the dial pad better than the evo...but need the name dialing...i miss that a lot.

the only other thing i liked better on the evo was the monthly calendar widget. if there is one in the market someone could point me too i appreciate it. but i want ti to be a full screen monthly view. i liked that a lot.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For the calendar that's an easy fix. If you want to switch launcher you could go with Launcher Pro and buy the license for it which unlocks the widgets and I believe it has the calendar widget you're looking for. In fact, it's almost a complete mockup of the sense widgets.

If you'd prefer not to switch launchers but don't mind paying some money for a widget, check out pure grid calendar by Francois DESLANDES. I'm pretty sure that would successfully recreate the sense calendar widget and also includes a sense skin built in to make it look more like sense.

There's probably 999 more calendar widgets to duplicate the sense widget but that should get you started.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For the calendar that's an easy fix. If you want to switch launcher you could go with Launcher Pro and buy the license for it which unlocks the widgets and I believe it has the calendar widget you're looking for. In fact, it's almost a complete mockup of the sense widgets.

If you'd prefer not to switch launchers but don't mind paying some money for a widget, check out pure grid calendar by Francois DESLANDES. I'm pretty sure that would successfully recreate the sense calendar widget and also includes a sense skin built in to make it look more like sense.

There's probably 999 more calendar widgets to duplicate the sense widget but that should get you started.

Agreed Launcher Pro will make you forget about Sense, with themes.

GoDialer is perfect, and honestly, I use to have to Evo and DO NOT miss it. Sense is cool and all but its heavy on top of Android, have you noticed how smooth this phone runs on stock Android? Now imagine if the Evo, Droid X, Atrix....etc all ran stock! We can only keep dreaming. But enjoy the purest Google phone out till date!:D

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone for the help.

launcher pro. fixes the dial issue. jorte would be perfect but it doesnt support my exchange calendar. should have made that more clear. i need an exchange calendar monthly widget.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone for the help.

launcher pro. fixes the dial issue. jorte would be perfect but it doesnt support my exchange calendar. should have made that more clear. i need an exchange calendar monthly widget.

Launcher Pro doesn't do anything to the dialer...am I missing something? Was there an update ? I had it when i First bought my Nexus, but then i sat there ant hought.. I go this phone to have the full Android experience, so I uninstalled it. Heck I even uninstall-ed Beautiful widgets, simply because I don't want anything other than pure Android running on this phone. Am I the only one to think this way? LOL

As far as the calendar widget, I thought that LP widgets can handle both in boxes...

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
sorry wasnt launcher that fixed the dialpad it was godialer. i installed both at the same time. i just uninstalled launcer...i dont want that. just like you said i want the phone to be android and fast. thats what i like about it. ill try that widget now.

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
though this launcher is more expensive, I'm an exchange user also and the stock calendar in SPB Shell 3d fits everything I need when it comes to managing my exchange email/calendar.

I also loaded "godialer" to get the same feature I loved with my EVO.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You could also try dialer one. There is a slightly altered copy that's better than the market version floating around the innertubes.

For myself I use stock everything except launcher. I use adw but only so I can make a 4g shortcut on the homescreen. If it wasn't for that I'd be stock all the way.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22