Getting camera pictures to sync to picasa

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Mm. I'm not sure I get what your asking. You can sync your camera pics to picasa wihtout having to download all of your online web albums. Just click the images on y our phone you want to sync to picasa and your fine. I know that the program on your computer has a button to sync or not to sync albums to your phone.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
what i mean is when I snap a picture, I want that to automatically sync with picasa, I dont want to manually do it if that makes sense

This feature does not exist (yet) bit upon can always up load to Picasa through your gallery simply by sharing.

I tend to up load my pictures once a week when I'm home and have wifi.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I like it like that, I don't want every pic I take to be auto-sync'd to Picasa. Maybe if they are they should be set to a first private album that you can publish whatever you want from.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I like it like that, I don't want every pic I take to be auto-sync'd to Picasa. Maybe if they are they should be set to a first private album that you can publish whatever you want from.

Agreed what if u take accidental pictures and they automaticallyget sync? Or what if you have private pictures? (Not that I do) its always good to do this manually.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called itookthisonmyphone in the market. You can adjust the settings to automatically upload your photos to Picasa or various other online albums. You can also set the app to delete the photos from your device as soon as the pictures are safely uploaded.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called itookthisonmyphone in the market. You can adjust the settings to automatically upload your photos to Picasa or various other online albums. You can also set the app to delete the photos from your device as soon as the pictures are safely uploaded.

Not very good reviews on that app,but thanks though.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
While we are on the subject.....can anyone tell me how to enable/disable Picasa sync setting? The gallery is slow because it always syncs to Picasa first. I would like to turn it off, but there is no setting to turn it off (checked Account and Settings and both Gmail accounts).

oxeneers

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
While we are on the subject.....can anyone tell me how to enable/disable Picasa sync setting? The gallery is slow because it always syncs to Picasa first. I would like to turn it off, but there is no setting to turn it off (checked Account and Settings and both Gmail accounts).

You can definitely delete the Gallery3DGoogle.apk and use like JustPictures! from the Market. Works.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Go to menu > settings > accounts and sync > select your Google account and uncheck Picasa

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Go to menu > settings > accounts and sync > select your Google account and uncheck Picasa

yea....i had to hard reset my phone....go to Picasa Web and enable it on a Gmail account, and then re-setup my phone again. It is available for my Gmail account, but not for my Umail account. I guess having a University Google account isn't equivalent to having a "Google" Google account?

When I add my Umail first (my primary with all my contacts and backed up data like market apps and stuff) there was no sync option, even though I had opened a Picasa Web album for this Umail account (clwrusse@umail.iu.edu).

When I went to one of my pictures and chose to sync with Picasa, it took me to a screen to add a Google account (this is after I had signed in with the Umail, so obviously Umail just isn't good enough). I signed with my "backup" Google account (jrdatrackstar1223@gmail.com) and BOOM the option was there in settings for THAT account.

Is there anyway to possibly migrate all my Market data to my Gmail account from my Umail account because I also had to use the Gmail account to make purchases on the market? Or should I just wipe my phone, sign in with Gmail account first, and then just download apps under that account and not even sign into the Umail account? I ask because I just graduated and my student license will expire in 9 months, which is the Umail account.

macky

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
i dont have the option to sync to picasa. my only options are books, contacts, gmail, and calendar. can anyone help me out.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
There actually is a way...

If you have a Google+ account and the app on your phone, there is a setting called "Instant Upload" that automatically uploads your pics that you take to Google+, which, in turn, create a Picasa album... Not the best way to do it, but will accomplish what the OP wants...

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
There actually is a way...

If you have a Google+ account and the app on your phone, there is a setting called "Instant Upload" that automatically uploads your pics that you take to Google+, which, in turn, create a Picasa album... Not the best way to do it, but will accomplish what the OP wants...

And if using this option make sure your charging the phone through a wall outlet as it sucks up the juice quicker than usb on the computer can charge your phone, not to mention iv not found a way to avoid multiple copies of the same photos.

--------------------------------------
Sent from my Sprint Photon using Tapatalk

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The easiest and best way i think to go is using the Google+ app it uploads all photos that you choose into a picasa web profile that you choose. It also can upload instantly if you enable that option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz