I like the Motorola Photon, just think its ugly by cutting off the corners. But it looks like a beast.

Sprint Motorola Photon 4G hands-on: 4.3-inch qHD display, Gingerbread, WiMAX, and Tegra 2 | This is my next...

Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile pushes the prepaid high end, launches this summer | This is my next...

As for the Motorola Triumph, thats a game changer for the pre paid industry, coming June 2012 if the next Nexus is not on Sprint, I am going to Boost or Virgin mobile. With Android rooting being so normal now that you can get a decent device like this and root to get the latest.BUT pay half of what the Big boys are chargin on contract!

Either way still loving my Nexus!
    06-09-2011 01:52 PM
    Not a fan of Moto, but glad they are giving Sprint some love with new Android devices. I personally can't see leaving my NS4G for anything as of right now
    06-09-2011 02:15 PM
    kool specs but deff not getting rid of the nexus for it...
    06-09-2011 03:04 PM
    kool specs but deff not getting rid of the nexus for it...
    I agree its pretty top notch but not enough to get me away from this bad boy.
    Motorola said they would have 20 Android devices on Sprint by years end.
    06-09-2011 03:23 PM
    Looks good but I am not a fan of Motorola or Blur and I am not waiting well into next year to get ICS on my phone. Keeping my Nexus until the next version of it comes to Sprint.
    06-09-2011 04:52 PM
    I have my eyes on the XPRT, love the form factor!

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-09-2011 10:41 PM
    I think I read somewhere that the photon has a locked bootloader which makes it pretty unattractive to me.
    06-09-2011 10:43 PM
    I agree with beathookup. There is nothing out or coming out that I have heard of that will sway me from my Nexus S. I'm loving everything about this phone.
    06-10-2011 06:26 AM
    Those high end specs won't man anything when it has bloatware and Motoblur plus the fact that you get updates wen Motorola releases them, which can be forever on some phones.

I'll take stock plus updates right then and there instead.
    06-10-2011 06:40 AM
    Those high end specs won't man anything when it has bloatware and Motoblur plus the fact that you get updates wen Motorola releases them, which can be forever on some phones.

I'll take stock plus updates right then and there instead.
    I feel ya, but at the same time what the point of having the top notch phone when you cant even use it? My signal is getting worse day by day.

I cant believe I am feeling this way about a NEXUS...I mean a NEXUS!!! It's suppose to be under Google's microscope for updates, bug fixes, etc... yet...nothing... quote me when I say they will wait until Ice Cream to release a fix for this.

And that's in fourth quarter.
    06-10-2011 09:25 AM
    I think I read somewhere that the photon has a locked bootloader
    You are correct:

Motorola backtracks: Photon 4G does not have unlocked bootloader | Android Central

"As we've previously communicated, it is our intention to include the unlockable/relockable bootloader in software releases starting in late 2011, where operator and channel partners will allow it. However, this feature is not included in the software found on PHOTON 4G."
    06-10-2011 02:11 PM
    I feel ya, but at the same time what the point of having the top notch phone when you cant even use it? My signal is getting worse day by day.

I cant believe I am feeling this way about a NEXUS...I mean a NEXUS!!! It's suppose to be under Google's microscope for updates, bug fixes, etc... yet...nothing... quote me when I say they will wait until Ice Cream to release a fix for this.

And that's in fourth quarter.
    I don't see them waiting that long to fix the radios. I would probably guess within the next month the problem will be corrected. Every smartphone that I have ever had has had major issues in the beginning and they were always fixed within the first month or so. We just have to be patient. That's the cost of buying a device as soon as its released, you have to suffer through some bugs.
    06-11-2011 02:13 PM
    Exactly. I mean it's not like the Pre which had so many bugs that even the Orkin man couldn't exterminate
    06-11-2011 03:10 PM
    I don't see them waiting that long to fix the radios. I would probably guess within the next month the problem will be corrected. Every smartphone that I have ever had has had major issues in the beginning and they were always fixed within the first month or so. We just have to be patient. That's the cost of buying a device as soon as its released, you have to suffer through some bugs.
    Yep. It took them a good 3 months to get all the bugs fixed on the Evo 4G. The Nexus has only been out a month.
    06-11-2011 03:25 PM
    I may order it just because, but I just ordered my NS4G and will not replace it with the Photon.
    06-11-2011 11:34 PM
    [QUOTE=jesse813;986359]I have my eyes on the XPRT, love the form factor!

i actually like the phone, great product moto got some nice features only on there device like phone portal that lets you connect to your phone thru wif and thru ip address and the battery profile.. also has task manager option that can auto close programs and etc
    06-12-2011 01:25 AM
    Exactly. I mean it's not like the Pre which had so many bugs that even the Orkin man couldn't exterminate
    I returned my Nexus S 4G yesterday and went back to the Pre temporarily... I can actually get solid data connectivity now... The pre isn't that big of a turd.. My nexus was a turd. Data sucked on that phone.
    ftrengineer likes this.
    06-12-2011 03:49 PM
    I returned my Nexus S 4G yesterday and went back to the Pre temporarily... I can actually get solid data connectivity now... The pre isn't that big of a turd.. My nexus was a turd. Data sucked on that phone.
    By no means is the Nexus S a turd in any sense. Not everyone has the problems, and worth noting is that users should stop using the Speedtest app. It's been proven over and over that it's highly inaccurate. Use the Speakeasy.net website.
    06-12-2011 06:01 PM
    By no means is the Nexus S a turd in any sense. Not everyone has the problems, and worth noting is that users should stop using the Speedtest app. It's been proven over and over that it's highly inaccurate. Use the Speakeasy.net website.
    All that Nice AMOLED Screen, Responsive UI, great battery life, thin and light ergonomics do not matter one hill of beans if the data and voice reception is not solid.... = turd.

Sorry that was my experience... I had to return it, it was not tolerable. That may not be your experience but mine was a complete turd.
    06-12-2011 10:13 PM
    [QUOTE=eze036;991706]
    I have my eyes on the XPRT, love the form factor!

i actually like the phone, great product moto got some nice features only on there device like phone portal that lets you connect to your phone thru wif and thru ip address and the battery profile.. also has task manager option that can auto close programs and etc
    Please explain...connect to your phone through wifi?

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-13-2011 01:17 AM
    All that Nice AMOLED Screen, Responsive UI, great battery life, thin and light ergonomics do not matter one hill of beans if the data and voice reception is not solid.... = turd.

Sorry that was my experience... I had to return it, it was not tolerable. That may not be your experience but mine was a complete turd.
    I returned mine too, and for mostly this reason. Although I still much prefer webOS to Android, I think I could've convinced myself that the loss of multitasking, great email, and a few tweaks were worth it... had the phone actually worked all the time. Bad reception on CDMA= lousy battery life. 4G wasn't even noticeable, it was so rare.

I'll keep monitoring though for a fix... Still may be a good option if they work it out.
    06-13-2011 08:44 AM
    Motorola XPRT

So I went to Sprint over the weekend and played with the phone.... I LOVED it! I was really hoping that i wouldn't, but I did! Now I am in a hard spot! I like my Nexus, but I also like the Moto! I will wait until i find one on Craigslist so I can get it cheaper..maybe by then the Nexus will get its signal issues resolved.

BTW the only draw back on the XPRT is the camera..its one the lamest 5 megapixels I have seen! But then again this is not a media device, but still...in no way is that even close to a real 5mp camera.

Other than that I like it!
    06-13-2011 10:23 AM
    I returned mine too, and for mostly this reason. Although I still much prefer webOS to Android, I think I could've convinced myself that the loss of multitasking, great email, and a few tweaks were worth it... had the phone actually worked all the time. Bad reception on CDMA= lousy battery life. 4G wasn't even noticeable, it was so rare.

I'll keep monitoring though for a fix... Still may be a good option if they work it out.
    You know what... if there was a fix roll out today... I'd go back and get a new Nexus S again... I liked the phone that much. But couldn't deal with the signal issues. I know not everyone seems to have a problem in areas that are swamped with signal.

Yes, I went back to my WebOS device temporarily. Email, notifications and and Multi-Tasking are defintely feathers in WebOS's hat. I didn't realize how much I relied on the notification LED. I really missed that on the Nexus S. I've not been really impressed with the android mail apps much... I ended up using MailDroid and it was ok. But none are quite as slick as WebOS's email app.

Too bad HP is dropping the ball with getting a new WebOS device on Sprint in a timely fashion.
    06-13-2011 10:29 AM
    Hey, is HTC going to sue over the kickstand? lol. It might get confused for the evo.
    06-13-2011 05:24 PM
    You know what... if there was a fix roll out today... I'd go back and get a new Nexus S again... I liked the phone that much. But couldn't deal with the signal issues. I know not everyone seems to have a problem in areas that are swamped with signal.

Yes, I went back to my WebOS device temporarily. Email, notifications and and Multi-Tasking are defintely feathers in WebOS's hat. I didn't realize how much I relied on the notification LED. I really missed that on the Nexus S. I've not been really impressed with the android mail apps much... I ended up using MailDroid and it was ok. But none are quite as slick as WebOS's email app.

Too bad HP is dropping the ball with getting a new WebOS device on Sprint in a timely fashion.
    I reactivited my Evo do to the signal problems. I have solid performace with the Evo after all the OTA fixed that were pushed to get it fixed. I know the Nexus will get the same treatment and the signal issues will be resolved (in my opinion these are software problems ~ my observations suggest radio driver poor handling of signal drop on the CDMA network). Once these issues are resolved, the NS will be an excellent android device.
    06-13-2011 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD