I just turned on my evo since I bought my nexus, I can't even describe it. Even after I put GB on the evo. It still blows the doors off.
    06-11-2011 02:53 PM
    +1 for no Sense and no Sprint bloatware slowing down the phone. The Hummingbird processor is one of the best too.
    06-11-2011 03:06 PM
    I'm just waiting for my Trident case to arrive before I activate mine. The GB update for my Evo feels kind of sluggish and my battery life still blows even though it's improved somewhat.
    06-11-2011 03:08 PM
    I don't think I can go back.
    06-11-2011 03:50 PM
    I'm just waiting for my Trident case to arrive before I activate mine. The GB update for my Evo feels kind of sluggish and my battery life still blows even though it's improved somewhat.
    I have the same experience with my EVO after GB.

That is mostly why I decided to keep the NS4G as I know my signal issues will be addressed soon enough. When that gets fixed, the NS4G will certainly be the best Android phone I've owned to date.
    06-11-2011 04:14 PM
    I've gotta say, I think the Epic I had for a month started up just as fast with Froyo.
    Maybe it's a Samsung thing???
    06-11-2011 05:42 PM
    Nah, I doubt that'd be the case

I have the same experience with my EVO after GB.

That is mostly why I decided to keep the NS4G as I know my signal issues will be addressed soon enough. When that gets fixed, the NS4G will certainly be the best Android phone I've owned to date.
    Yeah, I'm noticing some of the NS4G problems people list in my Evo. My 3G signal will drop completely though I am using it in an area where my signal is weakest.
    06-11-2011 07:49 PM
    I just bought my father an EVO. I do miss the size, but the OP is right. The Nexus S is blazing fast in comparison.
    06-11-2011 08:22 PM
    Yeah and plain Android is the only way to go. I really liked sense but most of those features only worked part of the time, well at least for me.
    06-11-2011 08:59 PM
    I've gotta say, I think the Epic I had for a month started up just as fast with Froyo.
    Maybe it's a Samsung thing???
    You're right....both my epic & nexus booted up MUCH faster than the evo
    06-13-2011 09:35 AM
    I love the NS4G phone and I was really hard pressed to get rid of my EVO but after playing with the Nexus I couldn't go back to the EVO, I am just floored at how fast the nexus is and I love the battery life.
    06-13-2011 11:25 AM
    i would be inclined to say it is a samsung thing. the samsung hummingbird processor is what is the biggest differece. the snapdragon is way overrated
    06-13-2011 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD