4G not working at all

jcooper131

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Nexus S 4G for over a week and 4G does not work at all. Every time I turn on it connects and disconnects right away and keeps doing the same thing each time, even in different areas. My wife has a Evo and she is having no problems and connects just fine. I have read about slower 4G speeds than other phones but wasn't sure if my problem was normal or the phone is defective. Any thoughts?

I love my phone other than the 4G issue and the battery only charging at 95%.

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I never had this 4G issue.. I think you might want to exchange your phone..

About the phone only charging to 95%, this helps extend the lifetime of the battery. If the battery were to be at full capacity for a extended period of time, the overall health of the battery would be reduced. I think all phone manufactures are doing the same thing but instead of telling you "the truth" and saying the battery is at 95%, they actually tell you its at 100%. There's a link somewhere on the forum about this.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I experience the sae thing on my Evo, it'll claim to see 4G service but whatever signal it picks up is usually disconnected. I think it's just Sprint's crappy 4G

herbthehammer

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion is to go somewhere with someone that has a 4g phone. After awhile you begin to learn were the spots are that give the most 4g signal. Go to that spot and turn your 4g on and leave it on. Yeah it might act the same way but leave it on. I have noticed sometimes some phones take awhile or are stubborn the very first time they try to connect to wimax. If you get tired of sitting there then you can leave if you want but leave 4g on. I got pissed one time when my evo shift acted the same way. I knew from previous phones where the spots were that I should be able to connect. I kinda forgot about it and just drove around while at work. A little later I picked up the phone and it was connected to wimax. I don't have an explanation either.

There's an app in the market that checks to see if you have the 4g rsa key in your phone. I think it's by joeykrim. If it says your key is there and good then it's just a matter of waiting for it's initial 4g connection.

You could also go to a sprint store and see if the displays can connect to 4g. If they can then stay there and turn on wimax and wait a few minutes to see if it will connect to the tower. If not, then you can talk to one of the employees there and show them what's happening.

This is what I'd try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie