I am trying to get into Download Mode on my Nexus, but when I hold Volume up + down + power, it jsut takes me to a screen that says "Unlock Bootloader?" with a lock at the bottom. I am just trying to return my phone to stock and I have the Samsung .exe for doing this, but I can't get into download mode...
    06-14-2011 11:39 AM
    take out battery, then put battery back in, hold both volume up and down at same time then plug in usb cable, no power button presses
    06-14-2011 11:57 AM
    take out battery, then put battery back in, hold both volume up and down at same time then plug in usb cable, no power button presses
    this also results in the unlock bootloader screen....
    06-14-2011 12:06 PM
    I am trying to get into Download Mode on my Nexus, but when I hold Volume up + down + power, it jsut takes me to a screen that says "Unlock Bootloader?" with a lock at the bottom. I am just trying to return my phone to stock and I have the Samsung .exe for doing this, but I can't get into download mode...
    You must first unlock your bootloader, then hold both volume keys and power while the phone is off.
    06-14-2011 12:22 PM
    You must first unlock your bootloader, then hold both volume keys and power while the phone is off.
    wow...it was much easier on the Epic...just Power off.....hold 1 and press Power....

now I have to go and install Java SDK, Android SDK, etc.... just to install the stock ROM

thanks everyone for your help....greatly appreciated

edit:

when I run adb is won't run....nor will fastboot

they run, flash, and then disappear....

Could it be because I chose to skip some downloads (like the 3.1 through 1.5 platforms?) I thought I only needed to get 2.3 out of it?

DOUBT EDIT: nvm...got it unlocked
    06-14-2011 12:32 PM
    When I try to unlock the bootloader I get the "Unlock bootloader?" screen, but the yes and no options are not available. So I can't get it to unlock the booloader.

Any thoughts?

I also posted this in another thread that was dealing with unlocking the bootloader for the Nexus S, so I apologize for the double post.
    10-22-2012 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD