Hey Nexus S 4G owners, what do you think of the Evo 3D?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
So I went to Sprint today because it is day 30 of my trial. I figured I would go see what the EVO 3D was about before making the decision to keep the Nexus S for good. Or maybe i would be compelled to swap! I had been hearing a lot of good things in the forums about the EVO 3D so I wanted to check it out for myself. I can say on the whole the E3D is awesome. I liked the build quality and the phone seemed to be snappy. I couldn't get into the screen. I still prefer the Super AMOLED. The phone itself seemed a little smaller than the original EVO. But it felt a lot better in the hand. I didn't like the 3D at all. But what made me walk away from the phone was the UI. Which is hard to believe because I am a Sense fan and have been ever since I had first gotten the Hero and then had gone to the original EVO. It seemed to be too much. The animations everything. It seemed to be too busy. I didn't like it. Maybe I didn't get it a fair shot by just playing around with it in the store for about 30 minutes off and on. But the UI, screen, and 3D was enough to turn me away. What did the rest of you think about E3D?

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
The 3D was a struggle for me as well. I liked it overall, but prefer the quick and simple pure Google experience. Sticking with the NS4G.

chevyboxer

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I swapped out my NS4G for the EVO 3D. In the end it came down to having the dual cores. I wanted a phone that was top of the line. I loved the pure Google and the deep rich color of the NS4G but as soon as we can root I can get the pure Google.

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

Lightning807

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was between these 2 phones and went with the NS4G. Almost for all the same reasons you listed. Great phone specs and build wise. Hated the 3D (i know it can function as if it wasnt there) and hated the sense UI. Again, was way too flashy/bloated for my taste. I can root and skin my NS4G to my taste and then still get the updates instantly. The istant google support and not having to worry about HTC trying to figure out how to load sense and the newest google release a year from now led me to my choice. Both are great phones though. Sprints really bringing out a awesome line up.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to look at it. . .
I think I'm the only one that really liked the 3d! Took a picture of my finger and was just shocked! AWESOME!!!
But the rest of the phone, or rather pure google is why I'm love my NS4G!!! As well as superAMOLED!
Not too forget those here that have helped me get my phone exactly how I enjoy it. Thanks!

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I chose both. Ordered my 3D at work today. Should be here by Friday.

I currently have and love the NS4G.

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Nexus S these last 30 days, great phone and no problems. I'm getting the EVO 3D tomorrow and have 1 week to decide which one I want to keep. Leaning towards Evo 3d due to duel core, 1 gig of ram, SD card, and LED notification light. But I understand the 2d pics on the Nexus are better quality and of course the Super AMOLED screen is better than the EVO 3D screen so I'm not sold yet, need to get it in my hands.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I played around with it for a bit, it's really quite fast. Felt faster than the Xoom, but it should be with such a smaller display area.

Don't fret if you're staying true to Google w/the NS4G, I'm sure the next Nexus will have some great combo of dual cores, qHD/SAMOLED+, instant updates, money printing, iDevice seek & destroy feature, native alchemy support through NFC, turn in to a tablet, 4D, upgradeable to 5D just as soon as humans can start seeing all aspects of the UV spectrum and/or dark matter, it will actually be the first device to sustain positive nuclear fusion with no waste so your battery will never drop below 99% - just don't drop your phone too close to any hydrogen or pure o2, we don't need any black holes calling earth home.

:)

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Played with one for a few minutes. 3d is cool but the nexus has grown on me. I gotta stick with stock android

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Played with one for a few minutes. 3d is cool but the nexus has grown on me. I gotta stick with stock android

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Stock Android is really where its at. The skins seem to be gaudy to me now. I don't like all of the animations and transitions. I don't want the carrier bloatware. Having the Nexus has really made me appreciate the vanilla experience. It would be really hard to switch back.

Tenebrous@live.com

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I too went to see the new Evo 3d, to help decide whether or not to exchange, but ended up sticking with the Nexus 4g. In the end, the Nexus has more useful features - yes, the Evo is somewhat prettier, the spinning carosel (sp) is nice, but the Nexus has more to offer. For example, the NFC chip; I can see this gaining traction, not only in POS situations, but on advtisements and previews as well. Also, I love being able to use my Bluetooth in conjunction with Skype (to be fair, this did not work with my Evo 4g, but cannot say for certain whether it would work with the Evo 3d). There is also gtalk which has video support while gtalk on the Evo 3d does not have video. Then there is the amazing battery life of the Nexus. So, right now I am leaning toward keeping my Nexus S 4g. Also, the 3d effect on the Evo 3d hurts one's eyes, so not very useful, but getting the latest updates from Google's is actually useful.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I played around with it for a bit, it's really quite fast. Felt faster than the Xoom, but it should be with such a smaller display area.

Don't fret if you're staying true to Google w/the NS4G, I'm sure the next Nexus will have some great combo of dual cores, qHD/SAMOLED+, instant updates, money printing, iDevice seek & destroy feature, native alchemy support through NFC, turn in to a tablet, 4D, upgradeable to 5D just as soon as humans can start seeing all aspects of the UV spectrum and/or dark matter, it will actually be the first device to sustain positive nuclear fusion with no waste so your battery will never drop below 99% - just don't drop your phone too close to any hydrogen or pure o2, we don't need any black holes calling earth home.

:)[/QUOTE

L]

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You are building quite a collection. Which is your favorite?

Nexus S 4G. I just think it's a sexii device, but EVO 3D is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. A lotttt nicer.

and just noticed you were referring to all my devices... that would be a very close tie for me.

It would be between the Atrix 4G and Nexus S 4G. I just love my Atrix and only reason I'm selling is because at work (Sprint), there is barely any AT&T service.

But my favorite device to be honest is my Samsung Focus (wp7) right now. Don't shoot me all! haaa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21