Skype for Android now has video calling. Nexus S 4G not supported

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Skype for Android now has video calling. Nexus S 4G not suppo

I just installed it with high hopes also but no video in sight. Can't understand why they left out the Nexus 4G
I figure it's gotta be a Sprint thing, right? They have been promoting Qik since the Evo first came out, although Skype owns Qik now. I hope it's just a matter of time though, Netflix expanded their available devices on their recent release after a couple of weeks.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you edited your build.prop to be crespo and not crespo4g it might work. You'd probably want to uninstall Skype, edit the build.prop, reboot, reinstall and try again. I dont use Skype but its an idea for those that do.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

If you edited your build.prop to be crespo and not crespo4g it might work. You'd probably want to uninstall Skype, edit the build.prop, reboot, reinstall and try again. I dont use Skype but its an idea for those that do.

Thanks, I'm technical but not that technical. I leave this stuff up the experts. :p

wix

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Just found this on Engadget. "Though you might suspect otherwise given the Nexus S' inclusion, Skype has now confirmed that the Nexus S 4G isn't supported just yet -- it will apparently be brought into the fold with the next release."

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

This does not bother me at all - gtalk has really good video talk anyway.

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Nexus S 4G would support soon! Due to Android for Nexus. No doubt there won't be miss anything!

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Downloading 2.0 version ending in 47 which was just updated. Will this add video calling? We will see...

WOO HOO, it works.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

One thing I don't like is having to hold it landscape orientation. I didn't see a setting for portrait mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo