LED indicator?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: LED indicator??

No. There is not an LED indicator on this phone.

You'll have to look into a software based solution like Noled if you want visual notifications.

Search on the forum, there has been quite a bit of discussion on the lack of LED.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: LED indicator??

I don't miss the led, lets face it the evo would only flash the led for a limited amount of time.

My epic was similar. Any period of time I was away from my phone long enough to miss a message: the LED would be off by then.

I've also seen it flash once and then a minute later flash. And then not flash again. So with that said: I use to turn my screen on and look to see if I got messages anyways. And further more: I'm never away from my phone where I don't feel or hear a new message come in anyways. So it wasn't a deal breaker.

I don't even think twice about it. The only thing the led did for me on the epic was make me paranoid. Driving in the car: a street light glares off the phone and catches the corner of your eye. "WHAT WAS THAT?! Did I get a message?! Nope.... "

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
As others have suggested, for phones that aren't unlocked I'd recommended no led. Its the closest you'll find to a substitute and it really does a pretty good job.