Nexus S 4G Battery

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I need to know how's Nexus S 4G battery? I'm been considering about getting Nexus S 4G. I almost bought EVO 3D but I learned it had alot issues such as poor service, low battery and many more.

So I am all about SIMPLE like I do email, text, and facebook. THAT'S IT.

So I want to know how Nexus S 4G battery good or bad? Because I think I will need to have extra battery for backup. Thanks! :cool:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Tell me what your doing with the phone and how often and I'll tell you, lol.

For me depending on what I'm doing:

8-10 hours medium to heavy data use. 4-5 hours heavy data and heavy phone usage with emulators, etc.

I've seen my girlfriends go 14 hours with low signal area and light use.

I have 2 batteries and sit on my phone all day at work at make it through the entire day.

I'm at 48% after 4 hours 39 minutes with good signal and an hour 18 minutes of screen time.

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone on the charger, a little over 18hrs of use. Heavy usage, check internet txt messaging, bluetooth and mp3 playing and streaming music over audiogalaxy.

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site

8-10 hours medium to heavy data use. 4-5 hours heavy data and heavy phone usage with emulators, etc.

I have 2 batteries and sit on my phone all day at work at make it through the entire day.

I'm at 48% after 4 hours 39 minutes with good signal and an hour 18 minutes of screen time.

Yeah that dosen't sound right. I was getting similar life on mines untill i discharged my battery to about (2-5%) and charged it fully. I heard fully discharging the battery to the point that it cuts off is shortens the life. Try conditioning battery like that. and see if battery life improves. Discharge to about 5% and then fully charge for every cycle.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that dosen't sound right. I was getting similar life on mines untill i discharged my battery to about (2-5%) and charged it fully. I heard fully discharging the battery to the point that it cuts off is shortens the life. Try conditioning battery like that. and see if battery life improves. Discharge to about 5% and then fully charge for every cycle.

I've been doing that with my spares. Discharging to 5-10% and putting it on the external charger until 100%. Thats what I get. Cell signal says time without is 0% but I get a lot of flux when I'm in my office.

It's better than my epic. I think it has something to do with my area.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing that with my spares. Discharging to 5-10% and putting it on the external charger until 100%. Thats what I get. Cell signal says time without is 0% but I get a lot of flux when I'm in my office.

The Nexus S shouldn't be charging to 100%, it's in the software to only charge to 95-95% to prevent over charging the battery. I have never seen a Nexus S charge to 100%.

Reactions: LegendarySoul

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Not often!

Just checking text or email whenever they alert me. I don't text nor email forward unless they send to me. Also, I use facebook to update the statues or read the statues. There is not much I do daily. I am busy person SO you know why I must do. Not bad at all, haha!

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site

Oh ok that is strange. But if you're getting signal flux that could impact the battery life negatively.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you that I use facebook, Seesmic, email, text, video chat and google+ all day and I can last 20 plus hours. You shouldn't have any problem making a full day or two if you barely use the phone.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I also get around 15-18 hours during normal usage which is fairly heavy. In my office with poor reception, I get around 9 hours.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i did 40 hours yesterday and am on track to hit that again today.

set WiFi to never sleep, turned off widow animations and left the Facebook app installed but everything is turned off. Those three things seemed to bump me way way up. A little bit of the new toy playing has died down, but I've still be on the thing a lot because of all the Google + stuff going on.

sedracer

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
i'm very suprised after looking at this thread. i don't have facebook installed but i'm getting a consistent 30+ hours on a full charge with my phone. Most of day is spent connected to wifi and i have pretty good service in my area.

I am a heavy user tho, i download 2-3 podcasts a day with beyondpod and listen to them, as well as playing all the music for my drives from the phone sometimes bluetooth streaming and sometimes aux, playing games 3-4 hours a day (cut the rope, samurai 2, and battleheart). Plus i have a few apps that sync hourly and i send/receive 200+ or so text messages a day. Those are maximums but i've had my device for 2 weeks now and i've yet to have the phone last less than 24hours.

Today i've gone 34hours 23minutes and i still have 6% battery left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn