Must... be... strong...

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Loving my NexusS4G. But I am nearing the end of my 30 days on the 7th, and the urge to swap up to an EVO4G is killing me, if for no other reason than I love getting to play with a new toy! I don't have the signal problems, so I have no real reason to be unhappy here.

Give me some moral support! Talk me into staying! lol

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Everyone I know roots their Evo and puts on CM7. If your not a rooter: Nexus S 4g all the way. If you are a rooter... Nexus S 4g all the way.

srfeiny

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Returned my EVO 3D today, replaced it with my second Nexus S4g. This one has perfect reception so far! Love the simplicity.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Loving my NexusS4G. But I am nearing the end of my 30 days on the 7th, and the urge to swap up to an EVO4G is killing me, if for no other reason than I love getting to play with a new toy! I don't have the signal problems, so I have no real reason to be unhappy here.

Give me some moral support! Talk me into staying! lol

Yeah, I am struggling with this decision too (before my 30 day return expires).

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Did not like the size, weight or sense. 3d was ok. Could not see the screen in sunlight.

I'm use to the 4 inch screen but I really wish it was bigger. I wouldn't mind a 4.5 inch device. And I like a little weight to my device. The new sense looks cool but I'd rather be vanilla. And you could get a vanilla rom for the evo but I don't want to be bothered with that, lol.

Plus everything comes with 2.3.3 and not that I use it much... but why give up google talk video chat when it works so perfectly.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Remember when the Pontiac GTO was released again in around 2004? Looked great on paper. Huge engine, great heritage, the latest features for the time. Most dudes that couldnt wait to show off were drooling. Well, once people started taking a closer look, they could see that it was essentially a clunky-Grand Prix looking car with a GTO sticker on the side and features that didn't compensate enough. That's the Evo 3D. Incidentally, they discontinued the car a few years later.

Sense is bloated and unnecessary. The 3D is gimmicky. The screen literally looks like characters in a movie were cut out of paper in 2D, and placed a few inches closer. Bad. Don't forget some aspirin for the headache it'll give you too lol.

The Nexus is sexy, powerful, and lean.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Plus add to the fact that HTC makes poor quality phones. Imagine the problems the 3D is having right now. If you absolutely must get a different phone, stick with the NS4G or go for the Galaxy S2

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, the Evo 4g was a good phone. To the poster that noted, and described the 3d effect very well (pop-up 2D paper effect), yeah the 3d effect hurts - this may be a sign that it may, over enough time, be harmful to one's eyes.

ShadowKing

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm back on my second Nexus too! I went Nexus -> 3vo -> Nexus. And I can say I'm completely okay with this.

Sense, while pretty, is such a bloated pig that it was slower then my Nexus at times! The lock screen is admittedly pretty nice. But that's the only place where sense wins. I don't like the gradient effects they lay atop everything, the launcher is inefficient, and the widgets?! Sure, some are nice? But 18 different clocks?! Who needs that many? Keep it all online and let the end user choose.

And by that I mean vanilla Android. Unless you wish to install HTC Sense. I love my Nexus S 4G.

mickie98

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Remember when the Pontiac GTO was released again in around 2004? Looked great on paper. Huge engine, great heritage, the latest features for the time. Most dudes that couldnt wait to show off were drooling. Well, once people started taking a closer look, they could see that it was essentially a clunky-Grand Prix looking car with a GTO sticker on the side and features that didn't compensate enough. That's the Evo 3D. Incidentally, they discontinued the car a few years later.

Sense is bloated and unnecessary. The 3D is gimmicky. The screen literally looks like characters in a movie were cut out of paper in 2D, and placed a few inches closer. Bad. Don't forget some aspirin for the headache it'll give you too lol.

Nuff said!!!!!!

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

Nice!

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Remember when the Pontiac GTO...Looked great on paper.....Most dudes that couldn't wait to show off....was essentially a clunky-Grand Prix looking car with a GTO sticker on the side....

best synopsis of gm's downfall, evva!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15