Photon 4G or Galaxy S II

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Sprint will NOT launch the SII within 30 days. They will do like they did with the Evo 3d and Photon.

Most likely around first or second week of September we will see the SII. Plus Samsung is saying it wants the SII to go head to head with Iphone 5. So definetly sometime in September.

mgiven

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So we hold the Photon for 29 days. Return it and wait two weeks and then decide :)

Sprint will NOT launch the SII within 30 days. They will do like they did with the Evo 3d and Photon.

Most likely around first or second week of September we will see the SII. Plus Samsung is saying it wants the SII to go head to head with Iphone 5. So definetly sometime in September.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Surely this isn't true. What if somebody picks two bad ones in a row?

You can exchange it for same model if defective and it will still be consider first phone. When you return it, your next purchase will be consider your final purchase. Same goes for if you exchange the phone for a different phone. That phone would be consider your final purchase. This is what I've been told by Sprint reps and also by their online return/ exchange policy. You may try asking other members here to see if anyone has been able to exchange their phone (different phone models)more than once.

donniegood

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You can exchange it for same model if defective and it will still be consider first phone. When you return it, your next purchase will be consider your final purchase. Same goes for if you exchange the phone for a different phone. That phone would be consider your final purchase. This is what I've been told by Sprint reps and also by their online return/ exchange policy. You may try asking other members here to see if anyone has been able to exchange their phone (different phone models)more than once.

You switch retailers, that solves this issue

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i currently have a blackberry on Sprint and am looking to switch to a different operating system. My upgrade is coming in August and I was wondering whether or not to go for the Photon 4G which is expected to come out late July or should I hold out for the Galaxy S II (Samsung Within) which last I heard is coming out in August or September. My main needs are a battery that will last me a work day with moderate usage, can get email quickly and isn't too heavy. I've read the specs but they are all kind of confusing like would I notice the difference between 1.2 GHZ dual core and 1 GHZ dual core? Or the difference between a QHD screen and a Super AMOLED Plus screen? Both would be a big upgrade for me but which would be better? Also does anyone have any information on the GS2's release date for Sprint?

Thanks Guys

My thoughts...

I am not new to using smart phones. I have used blackberry, windows mobile (5.0), and Android operating systems. I know there is no such thing as a "perfect" phone. Every phone I have had has some glitches that occur.

My vote stay away from Samsung. My last Samsung experience was horrid! I had the Samsung Moment (and I know that I can't compare the Moment to the Galaxy phone series). My experience with Samsung is this...there is a lot and I mean a lot of little annoying things that occur on a almost daily basis. Samsung showed me that their attention to small details was, well, non-existent. I hope that Samsung listened to the endless stream of negative comments about the Samsung Moment and the subsequent total fail phones they put out, but I'm done with Samsung. By the way... I have heard that some users of the Samsung Galaxy phones do not like the touch sensitivity of their phones. In my humble opinion, my old 5.0 windows mobile pocket pc would be preferable to any current samsung phone. I disliked my 5.0 windows pocket pc due to the constant problems I had.

My dad has a Motorola Droidx. I have played with his phone and I really like his phone. My experience with my dad's phone is so positive that I am leaving my HTC Evo Shift (which I love -- I also prefer HTC and LG phones in general) and upgrading to the Photon 4g. Just got mine today, I should get it on 8/4/11.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze