Unsure of the correct name of the accessory. I am curious to know how well the HDMI/TV dock works

resposiveness? Useful?
    07-30-2011 04:59 PM
    I used it in the Sprint store. It's something I'll be buying for sure. With the full USB ports on the back, it's useful to plug in a keyboard, a mouse, a thumb drive and turn the thing into a full desktop computer when hooked to a monitor.
    07-30-2011 05:11 PM
    I used it in the Sprint store. It's something I'll be buying for sure. With the full USB ports on the back, it's useful to plug in a keyboard, a mouse, a thumb drive and turn the thing into a full desktop computer when hooked to a monitor.
    This isn't a replacement for a business laptop, because it can't run the software businesses run.
    07-31-2011 03:52 PM
    This isn't a replacement for a business laptop, because it can't run the software businesses run.
    I don't think he was trying to imply that. This phone packs the same specs as some netbooks these days. It will be great for doing anything a tablet can do.
    07-31-2011 06:42 PM
    Had my phone since this morning the HDMI works great streaming movies "netflix" also the mirroring is awesome...
    07-31-2011 07:09 PM
    So if I understand correctly u don't ned to have the dock to output to a tv and get the webtop ui? Just an hdmi? Just wonderingif that option is there tho I think I would get the dock too.
    08-01-2011 09:27 AM
    So if I understand correctly u don't ned to have the dock to output to a tv and get the webtop ui? Just an hdmi? Just wonderingif that option is there tho I think I would get the dock too.
    I'm not sure how well that would work without a mouse and keyboard. Maybe it supports bluetooth keyboards/mice though. If anyone can confirm I would love the webtop functionality without the cost.
    08-01-2011 06:06 PM
    I'm not sure how well that would work without a mouse and keyboard. Maybe it supports bluetooth keyboards/mice though. If anyone can confirm I would love the webtop functionality without the cost.
    well it looks like u need the dock. got the phone today and a micro hdmi cord. could only mirror, view pics, or listen to music with the cord.
    08-01-2011 06:11 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't even acknowledge the Webtop function of the HD Dock until it's plugged in to power, even. The screen turns into a laptop-style touchpad with mouse buttons, and a toggle to software keyboard mode.

Can't wait for root so I can set up a full Linux desktop
    08-01-2011 07:17 PM
    I bpught the dock this morning and its AWESOME!! Note: you have to plug the dock into the wall to get webtop to work. It wont work just plugged into the tv or monitor through hdmi, it has to be plugged into power.

Sent from my MB855 I npihhyusing Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 07:55 PM
    I don't think he was trying to imply that. This phone packs the same specs as some netbooks these days. It will be great for doing anything a tablet can do.
    But as far as mobility, a netbook is easier to carry around, also, I still prefer my Tablet over the phone for my day-to-day work
    08-01-2011 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD