photon Bluetooth does not pair to my BMW 2011 335 xi

stu5797

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the advice caleb02 but really, how am I supposed to purchase a phone to work with my car when the phone was only out for a few hours when I made that post.

hockeydon

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
We also have a 2011 Jetta and the bluetooth photon is recognized on the navigation system, but the phonebook/contact list within the phone won't come up. Is their something we are doing wrong. It keeps showing "importing phone book" on the screen for over 30 minutes. Does it really take longer than that for 61 contact phone numbers to be recognized or is something wrong with phone or car? We are ready to take the car back to the dealer with the phone and have them do it. Any helpful insights anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
We also have a 2011 Jetta and the bluetooth photon is recognized on the navigation system, but the phonebook/contact list within the phone won't come up. Is their something we are doing wrong. It keeps showing "importing phone book" on the screen for over 30 minutes. Does it really take longer than that for 61 contact phone numbers to be recognized or is something wrong with phone or car? We are ready to take the car back to the dealer with the phone and have them do it. Any helpful insights anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Try to delete the pair and repair it. You should get a notification saying that the device wants to access your contacts (will be a notification on the top bar). Hopefully that will get you up and running on teh Jetta.

For the BMW, try a reverse search if possible (instead of phone to radio have teh radio search for the phone). Is the BMW seeing the phone or the phone seeing the radio? If so, do you have any more slots available? Try rebooting teh phone also (i have seen issues where this has solved problems).

Hope its something simple. :(

Reactions: hockeydon

stu5797

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
mods, please close thread. The reason it would not pair is because I was in Motorola's famous no make/ receive phone call mode. It needed a restart. Once restarted it paired flawlessly