Shortcut to messaging accounts?

RickNY

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure what that is going to do -- what I am saying is there is no provision for a shorcut to email accounts. Yes, I can replace the dock icons with an 'Application' shortcut to 'Messaging' -- but that opens the unified messaging application. The unified messaging application does not appear to have shortcuts to the accounts within it.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The email accounts are lumped into one email app. It doesn't separate as far as I can tell. You can shortcut to email but once there if you have more than one account you will have to choose it under menu.

Also under the "messaging" app it does show all my individual accounts. So i don't understand why you say the app does not have shortcuts to the account. It does.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm bumping this because the OP's question was never answered and I'd like to know the answer now.

I have 2 email accounts now setup through the Motorola messaging app. I want to place DIRECT links to each inbox on my homescreen. How do I do this?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't appear the stock moto email app offers this functionality (shortcuts) currently but you may try exploring other emails apps from the market as they may include shortcuts. To see an example of an app that allows for inbox shortcuts, long press a blank spot on any home screen, select to add a shortcut, select gmail shortcut. If you have multiple gmail accounts synced you could add a shortcut to each ones inbox.

Hope that helps.

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
There's an app called Messaging that comes stock. Place that on your home screen. It has all your email and social networking in that app separated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol