Ford SYNC / MyTouch Pairing

netcam

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I paired my Photon and my Ford Edge with MyTouch and phone calls/phone book work fine although I am not able to send/receive text messages though the system even though the messaging screen shows up correctly indicating the text messages are supported.

Has anyone had any luck getting text messages to work correctly with SYNC?

Thanks!

crussell52

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I paired my Photon and my Ford Edge with MyTouch and phone calls/phone book work fine although I am not able to send/receive text messages though the system even though the messaging screen shows up correctly indicating the text messages are supported.

Has anyone had any luck getting text messages to work correctly with SYNC?

Thanks!
I have successfully synced mine with my Sync, but I have the older version of sync (2010 Focus). It will read me text messages just fine.

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have successfully synced mine with my Sync, but I have the older version of sync (2010 Focus). It will read me text messages just fine.

I have a 2010 Focus as well. How did you get it to read the text messages? Is is a certain app for the phone that syncs with the Ford Sync?

I use the bluetooth everyday but haven't deviated from what I do on a daily basis much.

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
2011 Escape (just Sync not My Touch)... I had to try about 10 times to even get the photon to pair (first it wouldn't let me enter enough digits for the pin if phone was looking for car, and the other way just timed out a lot... PITA). Now, it won't download the phone book or anything (just says error downloading). It will take calls through the car's speakers/mic, which is something... but not much else.

:-(

It worked with the old Pre fairly well... was expecting better with an android.

They do have updates for Sync on the Ford site, if you haven't tried those (or your dealer might do those if you have to bring it in for anything), though it hasn't helped me this time... though they actually added a few useful options anyhow.

freeridstylee

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble pairing mine with my 2011 Fusion (just basic sync). It kept exiting before I could type the 6 digit key, but finally typed it in fast enough. Now that I got it in, it has been working great and reads txts no problem, however it says that texting back is not functional while driving.

netcam

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having trouble with mine, I re-paired with MyTouch and was able to send a couple text msg's but and download the new messages into the car but then now it not working at all again. I'm not what the problem is.

I also ran into the pairing problem the first time I did it but when I tried again it worked fine.

jlemmon71

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2011 Fusion Sport (with nav option) and have had no problems pairing with Sync. It reads my text messages and allows me to reply. The Photon is the first phone that allowed me to do this.....:D

Synn0holic

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Photon TODAY. It pairs fine but I'm having trouble with getting the text still. It doesn't say "Unsuported" like my last phone (EVO SHIFT) Am I just doing something wrong? Maybe a bluetooth setting on phone or something? (My Focus is a 2012 if that helps)

Thanks in advance for your help!

UPDATE: I bought the Photon 2 days ago and hated it.Hate the layout, apps,feel, it sounded like I was talking into a can!! But, I was going to try and love it because I was having problems getting the texting to work with my EVO Shift. I upgraded to the Motorola Photon (which I read on here worked with the MAP texting for sync...it did not).Pissed, I went back to BB the very next day and changed out my Photon for the EVO Design (thinking it too wouldn't work-- but an upgrade none the less). I synced the phone in the parking lot of BB immediately after purchase and to my surprise the texting worked PERFECTLY with my 2012 Ford Focus!!! I litterally walked back in to BB and high fived the dude that sold it to me (His first EVO Design sell btw) I'm so friggin happy right now. I really love this phone and it's an HTC!

Last edited:

dixie_boysles

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
We have a 2010 ford fusion and my Electify (us cellular's photon) syncs juat fine and text messaging works. Click on phone, then go to the right until it says text message. Then click ok.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463