Proximity sensor issues

netcam

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been having problems with the proximity sensor NOT turning the screen off when I hold the phone to my head causing me to hit the dial pad all the time while I am on a call. Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me? Is there a setting to turn it off and on maybe? I looked but could not find it.

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just double checked got the All up to Date message.

I had the same problem, The screen dimming worked at first then I fiddled with some settings and it stopped working. I did something with the detect pocket/accidental presses. Toggle that off then on, it fixed it like a charm.

netcam

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, The screen dimming worked at first then I fiddled with some settings and it stopped working. I did something with the detect pocket/accidental presses. Toggle that off then on, it fixed it like a charm.

Thanks ljbad I think that was it!

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks ljbad I think that was it!

Glad that fixed it, I was having a mini freak out when it happened to me. This is actually the first time in a long time that I bought a phone with no hardware defects and no software defects (that I've found yet). Not a single dead pixel! :D

acforum

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I too have had this issue....and I am on my 3rd Photon !!!

I like this phone but the Proximity Sensor only works 'sometime'....have not found a pattern except it seems to work right after the phone is turned off/on.

Also, the In-Pocket detection does not work....same sensor????? I think so..

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a problem since fixing the proximity sensor, hopefully it will stay that way. I have also noticed using airplane mode weirds things out for a couple of minutes after turning airplane mode off.

netcam

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine still seems OK after switching the in-pocket detection on/off although I have had a couple call where just does not work so it is not totally fixed.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad I'm not alone. In my case though, the proximity sensor won't go off when I place the phone up to my ear unless I hit the power button; nor will it come on when I remove the phone from my ear. So when a call ends, I have to hit the power button again just to get back to the phone screen to hang up the call.

I've done the pocket protection thing- didn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech