Text message issue

1kwik72

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
New to Android OS with my Photon. I keep gettin an error message saying the text was not sent although they seem to go through ok. It keeps popping up a red x up top in the notification area which I have to clear.

Not sure if its a problem with the phone or the carrier as my old WM phone was doing some strange stuff while texting over the last few weeks. That phone would say "the text could not be sent click to resend" but if I clicked to resend the recipient got multiple copies of the same text. Any Ideas? Or should I be calling Sprint to see what is up?

Craig

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
are you connected to an Airave or Airvana? I have that issue off and on with all our phones on our Airvana...

Last edited:

1kwik72

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just checked it does not matter if I am connected to wifi or if I turn it off it still comes up with a red dot with an "X" in it in the notification bar. If i open the notification bar it shows "text message not sent" if I click on it it says "message not available" but they are always sent kinda weird.

Craig

UGA-Rick

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had this a couple of times today. It appears to be when I have a low signal, the text does not send. Then, when I re-send, it goes through but with multiple copies. If I do not resend manually, it appears that it will not re-attempt to send.

However, I do not have enough of sample to say this is truly what is happening. I resent 3 texts, did not resend 1.

1kwik72

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't appear to be a low signal issue for me I have full bars here at home and at work where it has happened. I also do not have to resend as my texts go through OK. I am going to stop by the local sprint store tonight and see if they have any ideas

Craig

Animama

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my brand new Photon today. I was trying to text my daughter. I kept getting an error message. I think it needs a 10 digit number to text to, even though you only need a 7 digit number for phoning. I haven't tried sending to a 10 digit number yet. I will have to figure out how to edit my contacts first. :confused:

Animama

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my brand new Photon today. I was trying to text my daughter. I kept getting an error message. I think it needs a 10 digit number to text to, even though you only need a 7 digit number for phoning. I haven't tried sending to a 10 digit number yet. I will have to figure out how to edit my contacts first. :confused:

Okay, I edited her contact info to have 10 digit phone numbers, but the phone number under her name still showed the 7 digit phone number. I ended up deleting the contact entirely and then reentering it with 10 digit phone numbers. After that I was able to text her. :)

Animama

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I edited her contact info to have 10 digit phone numbers, but the phone number under her name still showed the 7 digit phone number. I still couldn't text message her. I ended up deleting the contact entirely and then reentering it with 10 digit phone numbers. After that I was able to text her. :)

1kwik72

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My contacts are in as 10 digit numbers so I don't think that is my problem. I stopped by the sprint store tonight but they didn't have a clue. Guess I will call sprint tomorrow and see if they have any ideas. Weird part is I think it was doing it with my Treo Pro It just showed up a little bit differently than it did on the photon.

Craig

1kwik72

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
No I have not experienced any issues with calls other than 1 dropped one last night, but I think that had more to do with the wife's phone and area she was in. I stopped by the Sprint store last night and they pretty much didn't have a clue. Saix he hax never seen anyrhing like that.

Animama

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
My daughter said she had this problem texting one of her friends. She could receive texts from her friend, but her friend could not receive them from her.

Craig Thomas1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Called C-spire,first said meant text could be deleted by pushing (moron), second said meant text unsuccessful, which is what I thought.Received text anyway, though. Probably depends on whether sender using 7 or 10 digits.My regular phone (before Android) required 10 to store, so never had trouble sending when they transferred data. I know others who couldn't send unless 10 digits

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem on occasion. Doesn't seem to be attributable to any specific thing. When it does it, nothing has changed. When the problem goes away, nothing changed.

I suspect it is either a Sprint problem (Sprint sending text but returning a did not send message) or perhaps a problem arising from a non-Sprint carrier to Sprint (since I have seen it when I was roaming on Verizon). Nothing seems to fix it but it does go away after a period of time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670