The only hardware issue I'm having is that the back cover doesn't seem to fit properly when I hold it on the bottom it squeaks. I've tried 6-7 times to reseat it but it's still squeaking. Aside from that I find that the hardware on this phone is pretty awesome.
    08-04-2011 10:11 AM
    I had a loose battery cover near the bottom, drove me nuts, especially when I was typing in landscape, I could feel it moving. I went back to Best Buy and switched just the cover with a new one and its light years better.
    08-04-2011 11:51 AM
    I had a loose battery cover near the bottom, drove me nuts, especially when I was typing in landscape, I could feel it moving. I went back to Best Buy and switched just the cover with a new one and its light years better.
    Good to know... I'll probably return mine over the weekend
    08-04-2011 08:04 PM
    no hardware or phone issues on mine....
    08-04-2011 08:17 PM
    mine wouldnt dim or lock when in the pocket or auto dim it got hot it wouldnt save apps to the sd card the screen to sub par... it would restart it would just turn off the bat cover was loose do u want me to go on lol dont get me wrong this is a nice phone but it would be better with a soft where update maybe 2 or 3 updates i am going back to my evo 4g... in my eyes the evo is a upgrade from the photon 4g
    Please don't go on. Especially if you don't know how to use punctuation...
    08-04-2011 09:57 PM
    Just picked mine up from the Sprint store this evening. Everything checked out when I walked out the door, so I put it back in the box for the drive home. Got home and the battery door had popped up on the right side. It WILL NOT snap back into place. Left side, top and bottom are nice and tight. It's not just a little bit, there's a big gap on the right side where the door should be seated. Going back for a replacement tomorrow. Also, the battery is ever so slightly loose. Enough that you can feel it rattle if you move the phone just right. Hope the exchange is better.
    08-04-2011 10:28 PM
    Try laying it on its face and snapping it down... press hard.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    08-04-2011 11:14 PM
    Try laying it on its face and snapping it down... press hard.

Hahahahaha......... anyway my first one I received was horrible it had so much dust under the screen it was unacceptable. I went back to best buy and made them trade out with there last one, lets put it this way I have had the evo 3d and that had dust issues but the prior photon was worse.. and the new one is amazing build qaulity IMO far surpasses HTC I have had the evo htc evo shift and evo3d and only one I find better than this phone was the og evo, but evnn that had problems. So far not going back to HTC for awhile and pentile smentile love the screen too.
    08-04-2011 11:22 PM
    Took mine to the Sprint store this morning and they just traded out the battery door for a new one. Nice and tight now. Plus, now that the door seats properly, the padding on the back of the door is enough to hold the battery in place so that took care of the rattle I was experiencing. Now....just need to get used to a non-Sense (no...not "nonsence") device.
    08-05-2011 08:34 PM
    I think this thing feels incredibly solid. I'm coming from an Epic, and the Photon feels like a real luxury device in comparison. I know sliders are inherently less solid, but even besides that the Photon feels like it was worth the money. I love the chrome around the bezel and the jewel-like cut of the thing.

I'm actually very impressed with this phone overall. I can't believe it's not getting more hype.
    08-05-2011 11:24 PM
    My backlight failed, so Sprint swapped for a new one.

Thats been it so far.

08-06-2011 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD