I have just exchanged my EVO 3d with the photon ( the EVO 3d is like an iphone it looses phone calls)

I have the following issues:

1. The battery indicator is only in increments of 10%. You will see 70% or 80%, but not 78%. Is this a setup issue that I missed.
    2. I am supposed to have 16GB. I can only see less than 9. It was not shipped with SD card. Is this how it is supposed to be.
    3. When you flip-it upside down on landscape mode (watching video) the image does not flip.
    4. The screen quality/colors are not as good as on the EVO 4g. The colors are off to the red and it has less contrast. The resolution is better.
    5. The fonts are smaller than the EVO 4g (as bad as it is on the 3D) I need glasses to use it.

I will appreciate any feedback, especially for issues #1 and #2.

Thanks
    08-04-2011 05:57 PM
    1. Nope. That is the way it is
    2. Yes 16gb. 2.8 gb for apps, 8.9 gb for whatever, and the rest nobody knows (maybe for os and web os)
    3. Yes it flips on some video and not some other. Most videos that you can play with the "gallery" app can be flipped. You need the default video player (gallery) for it to flip. Players you get from the market will not flip, least not yet.
    4. Yes the colors are crap and grainy when the source file playing is of low quality. It actually makes it worst. Skins are too red. Dark scenes are too black to make out anything, just looks like a black blob. HD quality sources and turning down the brightnesss (and turn of auto brightness) will improve image dramatically.
    5. Nothing can be done about that until it can be fully rooted. Then you can just change your fonts using "font changer" app.
    08-04-2011 06:21 PM
    Thanks for your replay. Unfortunately it does not flip with Netflix or Dish (sling). (that mean I cannot charge while using netflix.) Any way around it.
    08-04-2011 06:26 PM
    It can't flip either of those. I'm about to order one of them 90 bend data cables to charge.
    Best is to hope next software update will allow everything to flip.
    08-04-2011 06:43 PM
    I'm about to order one of them 90 bend data cables to charge.
    Link to this cable???
    08-04-2011 06:54 PM
    Link to this cable???
    Usb A male AM to up angle 90 degree micro B cable | eBay

Not the most compact but better than nothing.
    08-05-2011 02:33 AM
    You can also try using the HD station to charge and watch movies. I know it isn't the cheapest solution.
    08-05-2011 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD