Camera Shutter Sound stopped ?!

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
OK, I've been really annoyed at the Camera Shutter Sound on my new Photon. I contacted Motorola twice, just to make sure they know it's an issue for some people. I have never found a way to silence the shutter sound.

This morning, I took a couple pics and No Sound. I don't have any idea what happened. I cannot think of anything I have done differently, but when I click a photo the phone stays silent. In fact, at first I thought something was wrong and it wasn't even taking a pic. It is. But with no "CLICKKK" effect.

I suppose it will probably come back as mysteriously as it went away, but for now - I'm happy!

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've tried switching sound settings - silent, vibrate, full sound - no change. Other sounds work, but the camera is silent. I even did a power down & back up, and no change.

I'm not complaining - except I would really like to know how & why.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/

* download the APK to your phone
* browse to the file with the "Files" application
* enable "Unknown Sources" in Application Settings (which you are prompted to do if you try to open it from Files app
* open the app and check the checkbox

Then you can test the stock Camera app and you shouldn't have the Click anymore...thats the fix i been using and nomore sounds anymore

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the MoPho about 2 months ago and that is her one complaint.

Moto needs to kill this off. It's annoying at my kid's recital for her phone to chirp right before she starts playing...or do a cheesy shutter sound when she wants to take a picture. Everybody turning & staring at you like you got caught taking pictures in the men's room or something...

Moto must think everyone in this world is a sicko. . .

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

* enable "Unknown Sources" in Application Settings (which you are prompted to do if you try to open it from Files app

Then you can test the stock Camera app and you shouldn't have the Click anymore...thats the fix i been using and nomore sounds anymore

That's pretty cool! What else did I just silence though? Anything?

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for the fix for the camera sound. I have used this and now I have a silent shutter sound with taking pictures and starting video recording.

vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool