I apologize for asking again if this has been answered but I tried multiple searches on this and other forums and could not find an answer. Maybe my wording was off but anyway....

My first android phone was the Samsung Epic which I enjoyed until the froyo upgrade then the phone started having multiple problems. As a Sprint gold member I was eligible for my yearly upgrade this month so I just ordered the Photon. Since I'm kind of new to android my question is since the photon does not come with an SD card can I just use my 16gb one from my Epic since I have a lot of pictures, music, audiobooks etc... stored on it in my Photon. If so how do I go about doing it correctly? Is it as easy as just unmounting it from my epic and installing in the photon or do I have to go through a lot of other steps? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank You.
    08-05-2011 03:15 PM
    Yes. Simple as that. Unmount from the epic, insert into the photon
    08-05-2011 04:14 PM
    Do not format it!!!!
    08-05-2011 04:15 PM
    Thank you
    08-05-2011 04:21 PM
    No need to unmount if you have to turn on the phone. Unmount is basically teh same as the windows "eject" command. Not always needed, but safer than not doing it.....but its only needed when the unit is on.
    08-06-2011 02:05 AM
    I tossed my epic sd card right into my photon, and it even loaded my ring tones from my epic. No worries.
    08-06-2011 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD