Unconventional audio jack

SeattleBrad

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a wired headset that I use for long phone calls. It works fine with my old iPhone 3G and with the EVO 4G, but it won't fit in the Photon audio jack. Is the audio jack smaller than usual?

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL, best resolution ever!

I was surprised when I read the OP, because I went to the Sprint store with my Shure headphones yesterday specifically to try them with the Photon. They never fit into my Blackberry Tour, but they fit in the Photon just fine.

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
While all my wired headphones fit, the contacts do not work very well: if the headphone jack is ever so slightly bumped, the stereo sound goes out of one ear. I have on order Motorola wired headphones. If I have the same issue with them, then I will know the audio jack is faulty.

UPDATE 8/13/11. I received the Motorola stereo headset s and it works flawlessly; no more audio out problems when the headphone jack area is bumped. So if you are having audio connectivity problems, make sure to get headphones made by Motorola. I got mine for 2 cents on Amazon.com (with $5 shipping) from Original Wireless. Motorola 3.5 mm stereo headset Model SYN1302.

Last edited: