Google voice option

gdyer911

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the option before to make a call with either Google Voice / or / without Google voice - I use GV on business calls...and Sprint net on calls to friends...
Is this feature gone on the Photon...or all together...

Thx

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Take a look at voice plus in the market. It may help. It uses groups that you need to label but It's what i use and it works great.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the option before to make a call with either Google Voice / or / without Google voice - I use GV on business calls...and Sprint net on calls to friends...

Thx

I still have it set to ask every time I make a call. In the GV app, go into Settings then Making Calls.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Thx

Did you download google voice from the market? If you did, then go into the google voice app, from the market, and you should be able to see these options again. If not, uninstall and reisntall the app.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Now that we have this solved, can someone explain the GV intergration for me?

Did I read right that I can make my GV number my Sprint number and still use GV voicemail? I still have all the GV options (access from my PC, call monitoring, ect.) as before right?

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
yes that is a program I used but becasue of the new version of google voice you have to choice either sprint or google number!

dominiej

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a doozy of a problem with my Photon right now. On the Evo 4G and 3D, I was able to install Handcent and the pop-ups worked as they should.

Now, for some reason on the Photon, I wasn't getting any text messages. I discovered it was Google's own Voice app that was causing it. To allow for text messages, I had to go and change a setting to notify through a text. A warning popped up stating that I'd receive two notifications. Sure enough, I recevied just that. The Handcent pop-up came back, but so does a GV notification.

This never occurred on my Evos... is there something I'm missing? I used the same exact settings in Handcent (I actually backed them up from the Evo and restored them onto this phone). I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but I can't seem to figure it out...

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Go to the gv settings and uncheck sound and vibrate etc. In addition i use the email optin for vm and do not have gv installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay