PHOTON #2 Now Failing

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Had the original one replaced yesterday for lock ups, shutdowns and call issues. New one was fine till this morning and I have now had two shut downs and a kockup in the last hour.
This kills me because the audio portions of this phone are wonderful and with hearing loss i need all the help i can get.

Here's hoping ghe GSII has good earpiece and rear speaker abilities.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have seen a lot of people with this issue. Go to Sprint and have them replace the back cover. That seems to fix it. Also try pulling the battery out for about 30 seconds. Then place it back in. Boot back up and see if that helps. Although my bet is its the back door loose. Sprint should just replace THAT and not the full unit.

Good luck and hope this helps!

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
What an utter total pos.
It now refuses to receive calls yet i get a voicemail. If i call out, half the time i hear nothing

I got a call from a head hunter which did come through and all of a sudden the phone started making a loud crackling noise through the earpiece and then shut down.

Back to my ancient blackberry until they come out with a damn phone that van at least make and receive calls.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone, but am having nothing but problems today. The fix had better come soon, or I'm going back to my Evo.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My photon seems to be rock solid. Just keep taking the phone to sprint and exchange till you get one that works correctly. You have that right! Trust me, This phone slaughters the EVO 3D in every aspect of a smartphone.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I returned # 2 and went back to my BB till something reliable comes out.

Replacement worked fine last night, this morning locked up and then rebooted a couple times and then started not re3ceiving incoming calls and if I made an outgoing call it was dead silence.

I really liked the size, build and sound qualities...when it worked.

This rather sucks.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Seems like there are always a few folks that go through 2 or 3 or 7 devices whenever something new comes out. Looking through most of the post in this forum, it appears like the vast majority are thrilled with this phone. I think that some phones just don't like a small number of people (or whatever it is they are doing with/installing on the phones). Just take it back and get something else, or wait for the next great one to be released.

jthiemeyer

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Zero problems with mine. Thing is rock solid and runs like a champ. So many phone problems are caused by 3rd party apps that have memory leaks and cause lock ups and reboots.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My photon seems to be rock solid. Just keep taking the phone to sprint and exchange till you get one that works correctly. You have that right! Trust me, This phone slaughters the EVO 3D in every aspect of a smartphone.

In what ways do you feel it is better than the 3VO?

rough1200

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
On my second Photon as well, the guy at sprint said the silent calls is a known issue and Motorola should release an update before the end of the month to fix known issues. I sure hope he is right or I will return it before the 30 days is over. A great phone if not for the silent calls that is unacceptable. Everything else works great.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm convinced I must have some app that is messing things up. The phone occasionally becomes unresponsive. I can't type in a text box, can't tap to start various apps, can't hit the green button to dial. The bummer is that I think I'm this phone's biggest fan... when it works. Still on my first. Haven't swapped it out yet, because it takes too damned long to get everything the way I like it.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I installed no apps on either of mine. Believe me when I tell you I would have been thrilled not to have had these issues and to not have had to go back to a blackberry.....its kinda like living in a cave.

primal5

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Same problems here. Its weird because I may go days without it then they reappear.

Phone wont wake
Cant here people when calling

But I love this morning phone compared to my evo3d

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk