08-15-2011 09:48 AM
56 123
tools
    I think I've pretty much confirmed what I wanted: that is, that the problem is common enough to likely apply to all Photons. Therefore, it's either a defect in every unit or simply the way it's designed. Ergo, no reason to swap for another one, because it's likely to have it as well.
    08-14-2011 10:13 AM
    Mine rattles, I took the back off and gently shook it. I saw the battery wiggle/slide and produce the noise.
    08-14-2011 04:32 PM
    Mine rattles, I took the back off and gently shook it. I saw the battery wiggle/slide and produce the noise.
    I agree with this statement, because i didn't seat the battery cover all the way once and it did produce a rattling sound. Also if you look at the cover it has a padded strip to hold the battery snug so i could see that pad not being enough in some cases. I had an old nextel that i had to fold a piece of paper to hold the battery i n place better.
    08-14-2011 08:01 PM
    There may be a rattle from a loose battery on some phones (Photons and others), although mine's nice and snug.
    08-14-2011 08:30 PM
    I think the fix is to stop shaking the device. Seriously. It's a mobile computer-camera-phone-calculator-messaging-email-social-networking machine. There are small parts inside. They may not all fit like Japanese joinery but I assure you the device is well engineered and well made.
    08-15-2011 09:31 AM
    I think the fix is to stop shaking the device. Seriously. It's a mobile computer-camera-phone-calculator-messaging-email-social-networking machine. There are small parts inside. They may not all fit like Japanese joinery but I assure you the device is well engineered and well made.
    Well, other than it being a bit annoying (mine does it in normal use, such as when putting the phone to my ear to make a call; the "shaking" part is only for testing), the biggest concern is whether it indicates a defect that will cause problems later. Really, a device like this shouldn't have loose parts. It's not a huge deal, but neither is it insignificant.
    08-15-2011 09:48 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD