So I ordered the Photon and getting ready for the switch.... Am I able to load a backup from my Epic saved on my SD Card from My Backup Root or Titanium Backup to my Photon once I root it as well? This would save a lot of time and headaches if possible.
    08-14-2011 05:39 PM
    That's a good question. I wonder how it works going from one phone model to another.
    08-14-2011 07:12 PM
    I think some of the problems my boss was having were due to not starting with a fresh sd card format. It doesn't make much sense to me but when i formated his card the phone stopped freaking out.
    08-14-2011 07:56 PM
    I think some of the problems my boss was having were due to not starting with a fresh sd card format. It doesn't make much sense to me but when i formated his card the phone stopped freaking out.
    What was his phone doing? I went to a sprint store and one of the guys working there put my sd card in his Photon and he was able to install Deer Hunter game from my SD card to his phone. I didn't know if someone had tried this yet - but if it works it can save hours of time customizing and reloading apps.....
    08-14-2011 08:24 PM
    What was his phone doing? I went to a sprint store and one of the guys working there put my sd card in his Photon and he was able to install Deer Hunter game from my SD card to his phone. I didn't know if someone had tried this yet - but if it works it can save hours of time customizing and reloading apps.....
    His phone kept freezing up and force closing apps. He was also switching from an epic, and so was I but I wiped my card to start a new life with my photon.
    08-15-2011 07:09 AM
    What sort of restore are you talking about? If it's individual applications, you probably won't have much problem.

Tip #1 - Install/update the most recent version of the app on both old and new devices.
    Tip #2 - If possible, just restore the data, not the application apk.

I had success with several applications this weekend using this method from Thunderbolt to Photon via Titanium Backup.
    08-15-2011 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD