When I am on a call using my BT earbud, my screens blacks out. Then I have to wake it up (with the top power button) to hang up. This is really annoying when the person on the other end has not hung up yet. Plus, I could see me forgetting to hang up and saying something I shouldn't... not that I would ever do something like that
    08-15-2011 03:52 PM
    Is there not a solution for this that anyone is aware of? This is really bothersome. My companies phone does not hang up, nor do most customer service call centers I call; so, until I wake the phone up and then hang up, there is a 2-5 second dead air time which is really annoying. I have found where I can extend my display from going to sleep, but I don't want to extend the display all the time, just when I'm on a call. Any help is appreciated.
    08-16-2011 05:22 PM
    Your phone is acting normally when using bluetooth. If extending screen timeout time is not a solution, then press the bluetooth headset control button to end the call. Doing this, will end the call, and wake the screen up, so you can make another call, or do whatever you need to do with the phone....
    KahneFan likes this.
    08-16-2011 07:52 PM
    Your phone is acting normally when using bluetooth. If extending screen timeout time is not a solution, then press the bluetooth headset control button to end the call. Doing this, will end the call, and wake the screen up, so you can make another call, or do whatever you need to do with the phone....
    I've used bluetooth headsets for probably 6 years and never used the on BT buttons... guess it's time to start
    08-16-2011 08:47 PM
    I've used bluetooth headsets for probably 6 years and never used the on BT buttons... guess it's time to start
    That's funny! Disconnecting phone calls with the hang up button on my BT is the only way I usually end calls. It's amazing how everyone develops their own preferred ways of doing things. Hopefully you don't have any problems hanging up with your BT button. It should work perfectly.
    08-17-2011 08:01 AM
    I adapted to it pretty quickly actually. I have even started using the button to place calls... What a concept :-)

I come from using blackberries, so I was used to using static call/hang up buttons. Thanks for the tip!
    08-17-2011 02:52 PM
    It's not just a bluetooth issue. See https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/460127. My post is #7. My EVO didn't have this issue, only Photon.
    11-17-2011 04:05 PM
    It's not just a bluetooth issue. See https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/460127. My post is #7. My EVO didn't have this issue, only Photon.
    This has actually become a non-issue for me since I have adopted treotraveler's advice and use the button on the BT device.
    11-17-2011 06:42 PM
    Wow I'm glad this thread was made.. This problem literally started happening to me. All the sudden my screen wouldn't black out when I had the phone up to my face. Very annoying when I was on long calls.

But yeah I turned off "in pocket detection" and that fixed the problem.

Thanks
    11-18-2011 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD