Camera for close up shots?

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to figure out if the camera on my Photon is the issue or if it is me. I use my phone camera a lot to take reference shots of ID tags and text. I can't get my Photon to do this, it is always out of focus and blurry. My EVO 4G, my EVO3D, and my Epic 4G all did just fine with this. I also am not noticing the autofocus function happening like I did on the other phones, with them I could see the object come in and out of focus as it adjusted, this phone just seems to have one fixed focus for everything. Thanks for any info.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Use the button on screen. It will use auto focus. For the text and ids use the macro setting. I can only get about 10"s till autofocus stops focusing.

Reactions: fivegear

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, all of my phones in the past have focused while the image was on the screen before taking the shot. Strange. I miss the two stage camera button. On my past phones I could force an autofocus before taking the picture so I knew more of what the shot was going to look like. Maybe there will be an update for the camera app.

Last edited:

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
If you hold down on the button, it does a better job of focusing up close. That was my experience, anyway. Particularly needed to do this to take pictures of checks using the Chase app.

Reactions: fivegear