Go Launcher Works Great, But How Do I Get Moto Back When I Want

rhleek

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Have used Go Launcher for couple days, but when I wanted to go back to use Motoblur I could not find a way to get back to my default settings. After I first installed Go Launcher and hit the home icon, I used to get option of which system to use on my Evo 4G (Go Launcher or Evo), this did not happen on the Photon. Have been to every settings screen I can think of but to no avail, any help is appreciated, but would like to have both launchers available to me. Thanks!

rhleek

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Go Launcher Works Great, But How Do I Get Moto Back When I Wa

Thanks, home switcher did the job, but I noticed there is no screen on the Photon to set defaults; any ideas where we can set defaults?

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

That doesn't work. Even though no defaults are set it always uses Go as the default. Did the same to me with any other launcher. I'm not given the option to make a default for any launcher.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I noticed that too when I downloaded SPB Shell to my Photon and still haven't found a way to set the default.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site

By chance did you go to Settings>Display and see if there was a new option box in there? I have no idea...just a thought. I have a copy of SPB Shell but it's a pain in the rear to deal with and caused a boatload of issues with my Evo.

bj

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

By chance did you go to Settings>Display and see if there was a new option box in there? I have no idea...just a thought. I have a copy of SPB Shell but it's a pain in the rear to deal with and caused a boatload of issues with my Evo.

bj

Nope, just the regular options :(

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I use HomeSmack to swap between launchers myself. It also has an option to allow you to set the Moto launcher as the default, something that Moto apparently likes to disable if you use an alternate launcher. I have not tested it yet, though, since I'm pretty happy with my alt launcher (Go Launcher).

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Download home switcher from market

Yeah...I tried it. Home Switcher for Froyo works better. Sort of goofy to have to use a go-around. Again, I think Shell 3D is "pretty" but as for it being any more useful? Nah. And certainly not for $15. (I did it...for my Evo...and couldn't get a timely refund within about 10 min)

On the Evo, it's a memory pig. Phortunately, the MoPho has a bunch more space and resources, so it works as it should without the choppiness.

Actually, the stock interface works just fine for me.

bj

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I had that same issue even with homeswitcher.. I downloaded this app called "Moto home fix" and with that app you can set the stock launcher as the default.. It solved my issues with pressing the home button with other launchers installed.

Last edited:

wubbie075

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

From your homepages go to Go Launcher preferences, at the bottom of that page you can select "Exit Go Launcher". It gives you an option to remove Go Launcher as the default.

If you plan to go back to Go immediately after you're done in moto home you can select no and get back to Go just by hitting the home button.

If you want to leave Go off for a while, clear the default and whenever you hit home you'll get the option to select whichever home/launcher you want. Each time you do that you will have the option to set it as the default again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781