Hello everyone,

One of the reasons i got the Motorola photon is because it has wifi calling and i get crappy service in my basement appartment. I have a google voice account and i am trying to set it up on the photon. if you go to call settings and scroll to the bottom there are internet call settings. However i dont know how to set my google voice account up in this section. Anyone have a clue?

thanks,
    -fage
    08-17-2011 09:38 AM
    Download SIP from the Market
    08-29-2011 08:59 PM
    Blah. Don't bother with SIP settings. It does work. It takes alot to get it working correctly and it is spotty at best. For any voip calling, I recommend GrooveIP from the Market. It's worth paying for the app once to have your outgoing and incoming calls to work properly.
    I am not associated with the developers of the app, but I have tried both methods and GrooveIP was very streamlined (download app, sign out of Google chat on computer and it works!) and simple to use. I also recommend checking out some of the advanced features in the settings as this improved my call quality by alot!
    09-02-2011 11:54 AM
    I agree with Basketthis

But I need some help!
    I'm a big fan of Google Voice for Android phones. It works flawlessly on my HTC Evo View tablet with no mobile network at all. My AT&T Galaxy S2 also works perfectly as a Google Voice device with either the mobile network or my own WiFi.

But my Samsung Vitality is having a problem that I can't quite figure out:
    I can call out and receive texts both ways, but it will not take in any calls to my google voice number. I didn't activate this phone on the Cricket network so I don't know if that is the problem? The whole point of this phone purchase was to create a wifi-only phone for a no-cost extra line.

Can anyone tell me why
    03-24-2012 10:06 PM
    I use Grove IP works with good WiFi conection.
    03-29-2012 07:48 AM
    GrooveIP or Talkatone. I prefer Talkatone. It integrates better with my phone and has a more pleasant user interface.
    03-30-2012 02:07 PM
    Can the Google Voice to be used for the Galaxy Note 2? I need to know how to set up SIP account for internet calling.
    06-27-2013 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD