No Audio Calls / Proximity Sensor Issues Becoming A JOKE!

Astrolux44EVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Where is the fix for these issues!?! Everyday I have to reboot my MoPho multiple times because there is no phone call audio both ways or the sensor isn't shutting off the screen when I put the phone to my ear.

Why do they think it's OK to let these issues go on for 3 weeks without a fix? It's affecting everyone, correct??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Where is the fix for these issues!?! Everyday I have to reboot my MoPho multiple times because there is no phone call audio both ways or the sensor isn't shutting off the screen when I put the phone to my ear.

Why do they think it's OK to let these issues go on for 3 weeks without a fix? It's affecting everyone, correct??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No, it's not affecting everyone.....

I have had zero problems with calls and proximity sensor. All work great.

Try a hard reset to dump the phone memory. Then use it for a few days before reinstalling your stuff.....

Astrolux44EVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not affecting everyone.....

I have had zero problems with calls and proximity sensor. All work great.

Try a hard reset to dump the phone memory. Then use it for a few days before reinstalling your stuff.....
I already did a hard reset. I was under the impression this was a wide spread issue.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I have not had the audio issue, but my prox sensor does not work all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone know where the sensor is so I can test it? On my last phone (Torch) it was pretty easy to see where it was and I could hold my finger over it to test it.

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the no audio issue and a random screen shutting off issue that is pissing me off. I'm returning mine tomorrow.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm dealing with random reboots, wifi not automatically reconnecting, and moments of 5-10 seconds of silence on every phone call. The phone is still usable but it is frustrating. I'm going to hang in there and praying for the MR update soon I and hope it fixes all of these problems.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This problem is happening to MOST Photon users. I am on my third. Motorola and Sprint are both aware of the issue, but have not guaranteed a fix. If nothing concrete happens in one week, I am returning mine. I don't want to get stuck passed the 30 day window and I love everyhing about this phone. I have been burnt too many times to trust Sprint or a manufacturer, when they say there is a fix coming. I am sure neither want to have thousands more of these returned and are probablybworking hard on a fix.

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're still having a problem at day 29 take it back! I stuck it out with the nexus s 4g past my 30 day return period and when the fix finally came out it did nothing for my signal issues! I made the mistake of trusting google and sprint and it bit me in the a$$. My photon has been perfect so far and i could not be happier. My download speed and signal strength in general have tripled with the photon. I have not had a single issue yet but i know how it is when your phone has issues and others tell you that there is nothing wrong with theirs. Dont wait past your 30 days or you may be sorry. I know i was.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
What worries me is the Motorola XPRT has the same problems and hasn't been fixed yet. I'm starting to wonder if it's a hardware issue. That's why there has been no MR. Meanwhile Sprint gets another MR pushed out for the EVO 3D. It's enough to drive you crazy. LOL. Keep your fingers crossed. They have one week left, before a bunch of these get returned, including mine.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nine days left for me, but I might give up earlier, as now the once great battery life has gone south in a big way.

For the past two days the Photon has gone from full charge to dead and off in six hours, this is with max battery saver on and bluetooth and WiFi off. Made only 3 short 20 second phone calls (just to check it was working) 10-15 texts and 5-6 emails. To top it off, when I put it on the car charger, it wouldn't charge - in the 35min drive home it went from 10% to 4%, only when I put it in the home dock would it begin to actually charge.

The funny thing is, since the rapid discharging started, I haven't had the "silent call" issue. But now the battery dies so quickly I don't dare to actually use it. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a smartphones if you have to constantly disable/enable everthing just to coax it through a half a days use.

I am not at all confident that a fix is coming.

Looks like I'll be back to my old Pre very soon. So dissapointed.

What worries me is the Motorola eXPRT has the same problems and hasn't been fixed yet. I'm starting to wonder if it's a hardware issue. That's why there has been no MR. Meanwhile Sprint gets another MR pushed out for the EVO 3D. It's enough to drive you crazy. LOL. Keep your fingers crossed. They have one week left, before a bunch of these get returned, including mine.

4aks

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Nine days left for me, but I might give up earlier, as now the once great battery life has gone south in a big way.

Looks like I'll be back to my old Pre very soon. So dissapointed.

I still have my Pre that I switched from a few weeks ago, the $9 trade-in value wasn't compelling

Sadly HP killed webOS devices today, I waited nearly 6 months for a Pre3, but now it's a good thing I didn't end up with one

If wifi Touchpads become available for $200 or less, I might pick one up simply for webbrowsing

--
Back on topic, I'll be swapping my Photon this weekend, and hope the replacement works better

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I experienced the "no audio during a call" problem earlier today and it pissed me off!! Its happened twice already..I had to reboot my phone for it to start working again... I really hope they address this issue because I really love my photon and don't want to have to return it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol