Proximity sensor not working (screen stays on).

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
OK, I've seen several people stating that their proximity sensor was not telling the phone to turn off when they put it to their ear, which would cause you to hit buttons while in a call. While playing with my new toy (the Photon), I turned on the SETTINGS --> DISPLAY SETTINGS --> In-Pocket detection; apparently this conflicts with the proximity sensor. As soon as I turned this back off, my proximity sensor appears to work again. Just thought I would share for anyone else with this issue.

Reactions: tx_dbs_tx

pbdc13

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've seen several people stating that their proximity sensor was not telling the phone to turn off when they put it to their ear, which would cause you to hit buttons while in a call. While playing with my new toy (the Photon), I turned on the SETTINGS --> DISPLAY SETTINGS --> In-Pocket detection; apparently this conflicts with the proximity sensor. As soon as I turned this back off, my proximity sensor appears to work again. Just thought I would share for anyone else with this issue.

tx_dbs_tx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I noticed my Photon's screen doesn't always automatically turn off when placing it up to my face. I also enabled "in pocket detection". I assume this can be considered a bug?

headbuzz

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

My photon has the In-pocket-detection turned on. The proximity sensor still works. Weird ? :-\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze