Photon 4g Extended Batteries?

jolby

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone find or know of any release dates for an extended battery for the photon 4g? Can you imagine it with a 400mah battery like the evo 3d... NICE !

Let me know where to look folks

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Photon 4g Extended Batteries ???

Anyone find or know of any release dates for an extended battery for the photon 4g? Can you imagine it with a 400mah battery like the evo 3d... NICE !

Let me know where to look folks

You mean 4000mah?? Im wondering when they are coming out as well... My battery life is amazing with the stock battery so with an extended battery I will never have to charge my phone again lol.

Reactions: Anthea721

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Same here. MUCH better than my Evo. And the last thing I wanna do is stick a brick in the back of this beauty like I did the Evo. I'm an ex-cop and I've carried guns on my side that pulled my pants down less than an Evo with a 3500 in it!!

bj

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Same here. MUCH better than my Evo. And the last thing I wanna do is stick a brick in the back of this beauty like I did the Evo. I'm an ex-cop and I've carried guns on my side that pulled my pants down less than an Evo with a 3500 in it!!

bj

Yeah I agree.. I will probably get the one that doesn't require me to use a custom battery door. Anything higher than the already amazing 1650mah stock battery would just be icing on the cake anyways IMO.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I agree.. I will probably get the one that doesn't require me to use a custom battery door. Anything higher than the already amazing 1650mah stock battery would just be icing on the cake anyways IMO.

I'm going to toss my Evo and it's tractor battery on the for sale section and let someone else build strength

bj

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm only on day 2 of the Photon experience but day one my Photon lasted 12+ hours before hitting 15%! My old Pre was lucky to make it 9 hours without a charge. Its unbelievable. I don't even want to think what I could do with an extended bat.

jolby

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Just the thought of having my photon on for like 3 days straight is just nuts !!! COME SEIDIO HURRY THE EFFF UP ALREADY SCREW THE CASES WE GOT GORILLA GLASS

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

But can you guys imagine a photon with 4000mah ?? WONDERFUL !!!!!!

Just as long as its the same size as stock- I'm all in. I had that huge extended battery in my Evo4G and let me just say, its a weird feeling walking down the street, constantly pulling your shorts up cause the phone in your pocket is pulling them down.

That battery was a beast but I don't miss the added weight.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I had the 2600mah in my Pre. I planned to just use it for a vacation, and return to the svelt stock back when I returned, but I enjoyed never worrying about power so much that I kept it.

The Photon has decent battery life, but I still can't go a full day without recharging it. Maybe I could go 12 hours, I'm not sure? Anyhow, I am definitely in the market for an extended life battery, even if it is heavy and fat.

keenan6

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm only on day 2 of the Photon experience but day one my Photon lasted 12+ hours before hitting 15%! My old Pre was lucky to make it 9 hours without a charge. Its unbelievable. I don't even want to think what I could do with an extended bat.

What was your usage for it to last 12+ hours???

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

What was your usage for it to last 12+ hours???

Pretty light to moderate to be honest. On wifi most of the day with 4G turned off since I don't live in a 4G area. Only a couple of calls and text and quite a lot of web browsing, pandora streaming and music playing and gmail. Don't have any firm numbers but I'm still easily getting 10 hours or more on a charge. It's pretty amazing coming from a Palm Pre.

ksom262523

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

My phone went to 60% in about 6 hours with very little use. I only took some photos and it pulled a few emails off. No phone calls or any use of the web. I had Wifi, 4G, and BT off. It is hard to tell if Photon is battery lasts longer than my Pre. Oh, I did take about 10 mins of video.

I don't do like extended batteries. It is good that most of these phones use micro USB for charging, so I can use all the same chargers in my car, office, home, bed. Pre trained me well at keeping a charger around all the time.

Sent from mobile

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a 1800mah battery in my Evo that worked with the stock battery cover... it was a big improvement to the 1500mah stock battery. It was very noticeable as far has standard everyday use.

I just ordered a 1950mah battery to replace the standard 1700mah which should work with my standard cover with no problem. The extra juice use will come in handy even though battery life is already pretty good. If I need to buy a new battery cover for a battery for my phone... then that's way too much for me.

dschachm

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a 1800mah battery in my Evo that worked with the stock battery cover... it was a big improvement to the 1500mah stock battery. It was very noticeable as far has standard everyday use.

I just ordered a 1950mah battery to replace the standard 1700mah which should work with my standard cover with no problem. The extra juice use will come in handy even though battery life is already pretty good. If I need to buy a new battery cover for a battery for my phone... then that's way too much for me.

Where did you find that battery for the photon? Did you get it yet and how does it fit?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Where did you find that battery for the photon? Did you get it yet and how does it fit?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I ordered it off Ebay 2x 1950mAh BF6X Battery+ Charger For Motorola Photon 4G | eBay

I had something similar with my EVO. The battery brand was GaliliO and there was a noticeable difference with the extra 300mah. So now I do trust that brand for batteries

I would have bought a GaliliO brand battery for my Photon if they made one that was 1950. I want to get as much battery power in my phone, but I will refuse to get a battery that will make the back end of my phone stick out, making it look hideous and inconvenient.

Reactions: Anthea721

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded an app called battery circle that displays a battery circle icon in the upper left of the notifications bar and when you pull that down you get some info about the battery. Some days I can get 18 hrs while otherdays not so much. Real nice app and it gives you percentage!!!!! Plus temperature of battery!!!!

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I know this is not an extended battery, but Sprint just started carrying the Motorola stock battery plus the custom portable charger on their website for $49. I ordered mine Saturday. I don't want to make this phone any bigger, so I think this is a good deal. The batteries on Ebay are not for the Photon. I oredered some, they are sending the Droid 3 battery which kind of fits, but is not the right size or watts. I wouldn't use any of those Ebay batteries until they actually have the right model number of HF5X that is specifically for the Photon.