Audio issue after OTA install

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So I installed the OTA update this morning - no problems and reported a successful install.

My first incoming call - NO audio. Same issue as before, but I accidentally found a workaround. I answered the phone and could not hear anything. I hit the "mute" button on the screen - it turned green (mute ON) - and I hit it again to turn it off. Then I could hear the caller, and he could hear me.

After that call I powered the phone off and back on. Wonder if that fixed the issue or not ?!?!?

Any other results to report?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd hate for there to still be an issue after the OTA. However, i am willing to deal with it until a future fix if that mute button is a workaround.

Thanks for sharing. I was curious if anyone still had the issue after the OTA.

4aks

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Interesting , the update release notes, they said it was an inadvertent mute issue -- so toggling the mute button makes some sense -- however, why would a reboot reset the phone audio, and then at some point the mute becomes the default setting ?

I've only had one call today - from Sprint, automated phone survey , for some reason it disconnected after selecting '1' for English

cezasf

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It works great for me so far. No problems after the update. Call was crystal clear and no mute issues! :)
The UI is also more responsive, faster.
Love this update! Thanks Motorola! :D

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So I installed the OTA update this morning - no problems and reported a successful install.

My first incoming call - NO audio. Same issue as before, but I accidentally found a workaround. I answered the phone and could not hear anything. I hit the "mute" button on the screen - it turned green (mute ON) - and I hit it again to turn it off. Then I could hear the caller, and he could hear me.

After that call I powered the phone off and back on. Wonder if that fixed the issue or not ?!?!?

Any other results to report?

Did you do a battery pull after the OTA? I run into alot of phones at work that need a battery pull after an OTA to start working properly. Try that and let us know if that works.

Motorola = FAIL

The Photon was good enough for me to retire the Evo Desktop.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting , the update release notes, they said it was an inadvertent mute issue -- so toggling the mute button makes some sense -- however, why would a reboot reset the phone audio, and then at some point the mute becomes the default setting ?

I've only had one call today - from Sprint, automated phone survey , for some reason it disconnected after selecting '1' for English

That's because it/they wanted to talk to a spanish/latino hombre...or chica....or...chalupa...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt