calibrate touch screen?

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Is there some way to calibrate the touch screen? I used the swype keyboard, and I've noticed that when I intend to long press the "m" key in order to get a "?", I often (and I mean *often*) will end up pressing the return key. To get the "?" I have to move to the left... as if I'm pressing in between the "m" and the "n" key.

I've looked this up in the forums and on google, and it appears that you can calibrate the touchscreen on other phones by going to Menu -> settings -> Language & Keyboard, and then there's an option under there to run a tool to calibrate the screen. But I can't find any such option on the MoPho.

Any suggestions?

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes touch screen calibration is a needed function if not mandatory!

My touch screen is hypersensitive, you can practically breath on it to launch an app! Even with a screen guard on it!

Come on Moto, the only touch screen phone without calibration? :eek:

I still love my MoPho though! :cool:

Maverick750

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Curious about this myself. I find, using any keyboard, spacebar often doesn't respond. Typing is much less precise than it was on my Samsung Mesmerize (again, any keyboard - SwiftKey X, Smart Keyboard Pro, stock Android, Swype, etc).

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My screen must of needed breaking in.

My touch input is fine now.

But there should be some settings for it, maybe Moto will do it in a future update if enough peop bring up the issue.

Love my MoPho!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how old your phone is but after a month my touch screen is working fine

but some key boards do act up

So at this point there is still not a calibration tool

TheOneonYourForum

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Now I've just had this issue and actually came on this feed hoping for an answer but to no luck. What I'd honestly recommend (despite it being a huge pain) is turn it off and on again and see if that works. It's just done wonders for mine so who knows. Best of luck!

Burd6925

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Is there some way to calibrate the touch screen? I used the swype keyboard, and I've noticed that when I intend to long press the "m" key in order to get a "?", I often (and I mean *often*) will end up pressing the return key. To get the "?" I have to move to the left... as if I'm pressing in between the "m" and the "n" key.

I've looked this up in the forums and on google, and it appears that you can calibrate the touchscreen on other phones by going to Menu -> settings -> Language & Keyboard, and then there's an option under there to run a tool to calibrate the screen. But I can't find any such option on the MoPho.

Any suggestions?

You have to go to device help, then click fix, then hardware test, then scroll down to multi touch. You cannot actually calibrate the touch here but you can see how close your touch is. Also the gravity sensor will help your touch out. Hope this helps it helped me a little bit

KTB2001

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
You have to go to device help, then click fix, then hardware test, then scroll down to multi touch. You cannot actually calibrate the touch here but you can see how close your touch is. Also the gravity sensor will help your touch out. Hope this helps it helped me a little bit

Where is "device help" in Moto G3?