10-23-2011 02:52 PM
32 12
tools
    As far as I understand, the Wireless Tethering app in the market can only make an ad-hoc mode hotspot, rather than an infrastructure mode hotspot. Are there any apps that do make an infrastructure mode hotspot?
    You're misinformed. They've done infrastructure for a while now.
    09-19-2011 05:48 AM
    You're misinformed. They've done infrastructure for a while now.
    which apps do infrastructure? Thanks!
    09-19-2011 11:23 PM
    Get the WiFi Tether app beta 6 (not the one in the market.but the one here). Then follow the instructions in this post and voila.

That worked for me and I now have infrastructure mode, WPA encryption and it works great.
    Herk_FE likes this.
    09-20-2011 12:00 PM
    Does infrastructure mode provide any benefits over ad-hoc mode for devices that can connect in either mode?
    10-08-2011 09:14 PM
    Hello

I also own a Photon, and I am a bit confused why if I pay for the $10 extra fee for Data, and my phone is a 3G/4G device, I cannot use its hotspot tethering to connect my iPad in those rare chances I need my iPad available to do some work.

If anyone finds a way to have the native tethering feature to work as a hotSpot, without rooting--not keen on turning my phone into a paper-weight--let me know.

Cheers,

George
    10-11-2011 12:16 PM
    I also own a Photon, and I am a bit confused why if I pay for the $10 extra fee for Data, and my phone is a 3G/4G device, I cannot use its hotspot tethering to connect my iPad in those rare chances I need my iPad available to do some work.
    Because Sprint sees it as a revenue opportunity. You can't work around it without rooting the device.

PDAnet may be an option that's acceptable to you.
    10-20-2011 10:50 PM
    Rooting is simple, i run a few command lines while its connected to the pc, and root. Updates are still coming, just have to reroot after.

The new Wireless Tether Beta (Free if you do a search) rocks. I am tethering my 4g to my laptop at work right now, watching a streaming feed of NFL Red Zone.

The Photon is the filthiest phone I have had yet. #Beastmode
    My Photon is rooted, I too am a former Pre- user, i couldnt find a wireless tehther app that would allow internet access however at this moment i'm using PDAnet with no problems other then a liitle slow. So what program did you find that worked with wireless? this works for me as i use my phone mostly but need to see a bigger screen to send Real e-mails or some websites a little better. Thanks
    10-23-2011 02:52 PM
32 12