I just got an email with a plain text attachment, and the phone didn't know how to open it. can anyone recommend an app that does that? Preferably one that k9 can talk to?

Also, can anytime recommend an app that can browse the sd card, and possibly the internal memory? (snag open the attachment I saved.)

Thanks.
    08-30-2011 06:03 AM
    I just got an email with a plain text attachment, and the phone didn't know how to open it. can anyone recommend an app that does that? Preferably one that k9 can talk to?

Also, can anytime recommend an app that can browse the sd card, and possibly the internal memory? (snag open the attachment I saved.)

Thanks.
    You ask the best questions!

ASTRO File Manager does both and is free.

I expanded the Getting Started section on Applications under Key Apps a bit:
    ASTRO File Manager: Install, run edit, & backup apps, view txt/images/zip, etc. AndExplorer - Like Astro, preferred by many.
    Documents To Go: (Free) View Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint files. (Edit: $14.99)
    Puzzlegal likes this.
    08-30-2011 09:42 AM
    You ask the best questions!

ASTRO File Manager does both and is free.

I expanded the Getting Started section on Applications under Key Apps a bit:
    ASTRO File Manager: Install, run edit, & backup apps, view txt/images/zip, etc. • AndExplorer - Like Astro, preferred by many.
    Documents To Go: (Free) View Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint files. (Edit: $14.99)
    Thanks! I will check out astro file manager and AndExplorer. The phone comes with something called "Quick Office" that does a pretty good job of reading MS Word and Excel files (and probably Powerpoint, I haven't gotten any of those), and that's probably enough for my purposes. I need a keyboard and arrow keys to edit stuff like that.

Can you offer any comments on the differences between the two file managers, and why you might prefer one over the other?
    08-30-2011 10:28 AM
    And what are the differences between Quick Office and Docs to Go?
    08-31-2011 12:08 AM
    Neither file manager is accessed by k9 by default. Is there a way to make k9 aware that there's a plain text reader available?

Thanks
    08-31-2011 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD