Navigation question (Arrows)

uilleann

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the nav arrows to always navigate upwards relative to your direction of travel? I should clarify that I'm specifically referring to the standard nav map (such as when inserted into the car dock initially) and Google maps? Whenever I'm navigating to a specific location with an address, the nav is great. But just using the general moving maps to show my current location, it appears that north is always on top.

On my old BlackBerry, there was a setting that allowed you to toggle between north top and nav direction top.

Does such a setting exist on Android/Photon that you know of? Being a newb, there is a high likelyhood that I just missed something simple. Thanks all!

Brian~

uilleann

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to add - I also wonder about changing the color of the navigation maps for night time driving to red, or some other color to match the cars illumination at night. Is there an app for that? ;) At the very least, I'd like to be able to dim the screen much more than the phone does on its own.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Someone said that it changes to "night time" mode at night when it's in the dock. It doesn't when I just toss it in my car, though.

uilleann

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The main interface buttons do change to a strange orange-ish brown color...not red. But the map itself does nothing, and even "dimmed" by the phone's night time standards, I find it to be fairly well blinding and far too bright. It would be nice if there was an option to control overall brightness and perhaps even the color cast hue of the map at night. As well as the previously mentioned moving map orientation as well. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85