Spoiled

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I used my friend's iphone 3g yesterday. My first reaction was, "Wow this is a tiny screen!"

I think I'm spoiled now.

ksom262523

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same feeling, Photon is definitely better on the eyes. But I still kind of miss the size of Pre. Photon feel a little too big in my pocket.

Sent from mobile

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Now it seems laughable that I used the Pre for 2+ years (since launch date). It seems like a toy compared to the all powerful MoPho. The MoPho even "sounds" like it would beat the crap out of the Pre Minus. LOL

Last edited:

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same feeling, Photon is definitely better on the eyes. But I still kind of miss the size of Pre. Photon feel a little too big in my pocket.

Sent from mobile

I agree. This screen it's nice, but I really miss how well the pre fit in my pocket, and in my hands. This phone requires both hands, which isn't nearly as nice. I'd still like the form factor of the pre, or maybe even as large as the pre 3.

I suspect that in a few years we will see ladies phones and mens phones, just as we saw ladies watches and mens watches, and you will be able to buy a small but powerful phone.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of small powerful phones, maybe just not one that you want.

I'm temporarily using my Pre 1 and hate it. Besides the fact that it's slow, it's a midget and very difficult to read on. I'm also a woman and have no interest in a "woman's" phone.

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually able to use the Photon with one hand using Swype, which btw is the best way to type. The more and more I use it, the more I like it better than a physical keyboard.

And Photon does sound like it can kick any phones ass, at least by speed alone, as a photon is the fastest traveling particle in the universe (well there are theorized ones, like a tachyon, but that's not proven...)

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
For my massive hands the phone is perfection. I miss my Pre- with the physical keyboard a little bit. But hands down, this hardware is beastly.

tlaz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Now it seems laughable that I used the Pre for 2+ years (since launch date). It seems like a toy compared to the all powerful MoPho. The MoPho even "sounds" like it would beat the crap out of the Pre Minus. LOL

Needed to grab some contact info from my old Pre- yesterday. OMG I almost died waiting for the thing to recognize my taps. I didn't realize how much I had become accustomed to waiting for ages for the phone to do anything. SOOOOOOO laggy. Yes, I miss the Pre's small size, too, but the MoPho is really a huge upgrade, no question. I never read or browsed nearly as much with the Pre. The MoPho with Xscope browser is amazing.

I am not turning back.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Needed to grab some contact info from my old Pre- yesterday. OMG I almost died waiting for the thing to recognize my taps. I didn't realize how much I had become accustomed to waiting for ages for the phone to do anything. SOOOOOOO laggy. Yes, I miss the Pre's small size, too, but the MoPho is really a huge upgrade, no question. I never read or browsed nearly as much with the Pre. The MoPho with Xscope browser is amazing.

I am not turning back.

Amen!

Reactions: twbrooklyn

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I am not turning back.

I had the same experience before I bought the photon, when I traveled to germany and used my old treo for a few days. So responsive! It was one of the reasons I gave up on the pre and bought the photon.

I miss the pre's size, the cards, and the keyboard. But this is so much better gadget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674